Ticks

grant
GDF Junkie

Ticks

Post by grant » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:28 pm

Found a tick on Kage today... They must be starting to come out! What does everyone use for fleas & ticks?

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:27 pm

We use Bio-Spot. Lot cheaper than Frontline and seems to work as well. Already did the traveling dogs, need to get the rest...Found 2 or 3 walking on me the last few days after working some dogs. I usually start spraying my feet and socks before hitting the field...
brenda

Katies Dad

Post by Katies Dad » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:53 am

do any of you all use anything around the kennel along with frontline or what you put on the dog. like seven dust or something we always used that when I was grownin up around the house and barn also what do you all do for flies and nats just the regular sticky strips?

Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:11 pm

Advantix. Oh, and tweezers. Between mid-May and early October, a trip out in the woods has my dogs coming back with at least 5 or 6 ticks. Found 11 on Fletch one time. Yuck. We're vigilant about checking the dogs for ticks, I'd rather remove them right away and the Advantix can take up to 12 hours, I think, to kill them.

IndyJim

Post by IndyJim » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:34 pm

We use Frontline ($$$) and Obi was vaccinated for lyme disease since he is in the field.

amaya

Post by amaya » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:43 pm

I use Perma-Kill. Lion Country sells it for $6.95 a 6oz. can. Used it for the last 3 seasons. Haven't pulled a live tick of the 2 dogs yet. It even works when the dogs get wet.

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:30 pm

I use Bio-Spot. It's readily available and covers it all including repelling and killing mosquitoes (WI's state bird, you know!) :D

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:45 am

have 1 more dose of frontline left for my guys, which is great except for the high $$.... so thinking of switching to bio-spot b/c of price and b/c brenda says it works :D
we used advantix a few years ago, and i thought it sucked big time. i found tons of ticks on both my dogs.... and they weren't even hunting or out in the woods. that stuff is too expensive for it not to work. it could be worse though... my sis has to apply frontline TWICE monthly down in south alabama to control the fleas. i have heard great stuff about the perma-kill too

Rusti's Mom

Post by Rusti's Mom » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:43 pm

We use the Advantix once a month as it also protects them from mosquitos.

Pat