Tooth, Sprain, Toenail?

dhondtm

Tooth, Sprain, Toenail?

Post by dhondtm » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:33 am

If it's not one thing it's another. I think my little Teka sprained her hip during our training session the Sunday before last. She biffed it pretty hard face planting herself for about a 10 to 15 foot skid. I have it on video, I will have to put it on-line. I checked her out but only her face and front I didn't expect from the spill anything would of been effected in the back area. Well later that day I can see now in the video she was favoring it slightly. I didn't notice at the time. However, last Sunday it was really noticable. A week later and she had a much more severe limp. I got her in for x-rays today and our new vet said she has no broken bones and her hips look good. He suspects a sprained hip muscle. He prescribed some anti-flamatory pills for a week. We have a specialty this Saturday. Even if she does heal I don't think she will be moving good. We are at a wait and see. At least it sounds like she will be ok. Besides if I miss the show I can take my older girl out hunting since it is opening weekend for Quail here.
Last edited by dhondtm on Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:18 pm

Teka did show in the specialty and the competition was good. She took 3rd in sweepstakes out of 4 pups and 2nd in the show out of 3 pups. Didn't get last, but didn't win her class either. But, she was feeling better and she won a stuff animal so she was just thrilled.

I did put together a video of her injury. I have to warn you dial up users though it is about 29MB I just had to put this together to demonstrate her desire to hunt and nothing was going to stop her from continuing. click here for the video

So, first the tooth then the hip which she has recovered from now. What's next? Well now the other dog (Cassi) had surgery today to remove her toe nail on her back foot. After our Sunday training she must of caught her toe on something and it nearly got ripped out. She is recovering well though. I think I met my vet bill quota for the year already so no more injuries....

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:36 pm

Nice pup! Bell has bitten the dust about 3 time like that. All three were from hitting holes in the ground. Luckily she didn't get hurt. I might have benched the dog after I saw it limping... Regardless, she's standing great to be a pup!!! Great dog!