Formax

KY Grouse Hunter

Formax

Post by KY Grouse Hunter » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Just found out today that my local feed store is getting closer to not carrying my beloved Sportmix anymore so I need a new feed because this store is the only local place I can find Sportmix. They are instead going to start carrying a brand called Formax. Does anyone have any experience or insight on this feed?
Sally's Branch Duke
Sally's Branch Copper

gmanksu

Re: Formax

Post by gmanksu » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 pm

this is the only item in a google seach that came close to the Formax. Maybe the feed store you use is being bought out by a Formax branch, it looks like Sportmix is the preferred pet food of the Formax feed stores.

http://www.formaxfeeds.com/pet_nutrition/index.html

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 pm

If you are in Ky, have you tried Pride (made in Ky). We used it for several yrs but then had a hard time getting it. Really liked it tho, seems alot like this Sportmix. We are liking Sportmix.
brenda

KY Grouse Hunter

Post by KY Grouse Hunter » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:48 am

I love the sportmix. I remeber when I was paying 24 dollars a bag for it early last year and now its only 20 dollars a 50lb. bag and they are telling me that it is way to expensive. I pay 19 to 20 dollars a bag right now and am tickled pink with the results for the price. But like they say, if you find something that works, better buy alot of it because they won't make it for long. :cry:
Sally's Branch Duke
Sally's Branch Copper