Health Issues

Rich Kovacic

Health Issues

Post by Rich Kovacic » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a Miller Bred pointer pup, I know some lines of dogs have some health issues. Does anyone know of any health issues Miller bred dogs may have? Cancer or something to keep an eye on?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Health Issues

Post by Sharon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:37 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I did a forum search for you , ( I'm bored to-night) :) and nothing showed up. This is a good sign , as not much is not discussed here. Miller dogs are discussed a lot so if they had health problems it would be on here. I have heard that white dogs can have hearing loss but i could be wrong.

Just remember that when it comes to dogs ( and life I guess), It's a crap shoot. You get the best dog you can afford from a reputable breeder. Sometimes the dog has no problems its' whole life and some times unexpected things happen. I had a 5 year old GSP go blind - no real reason for it.
I wouldn't be looking for things too much. Just relax and go with the flow. :wink:
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:48 am

The white ears is linked to deafness in some breeds - Setters and Dalmations are two that come to mind.

Since what I have heard about Miller dogs and health is about zero I would assume they are pretty clean.

Rich Kovacic

Post by Rich Kovacic » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'm a little gun shy, I had a few that died young, and I have a Elhew/ Miller dog now that is sick with kidnew problems. This Miller female is a dandy, so I'll start fresh again.