Teeth

grant
GDF Junkie

Teeth

Post by grant » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:33 pm

What method do you use to keep your dogs teeth healthy?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:58 pm

I use them plastic bones with the bristles on them, Regualr tug-a-wars, bones, and a toothbrush

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:24 pm

I just picked up some of those knuckle bones, our Food Lion sells them, or petsmart.
brenda

Toyman

Post by Toyman » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:34 pm

I was hoping that someone would share how you actually clean your dog's teeth. Does anyone take dog to vet and does it cost a lot? Or does everyone just give them some type of bone to chew?

Toyman

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:57 pm

You can use a toothbrush with ver very little tooth paste or just the brush but a bone is the best way to go.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:01 pm

I have the scrapers i use if they need it, otherwise just good things to chew on and only dry dogfood.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Casper

Post by Casper » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:50 pm

I use the rolled raw hide. If your dog will chew them they work great till they figure out they can eat them cause there jaw gets stronger and it doesnt take much effort for them to inhale one. they also work great for the gums. gums will bleed the first few times they chew kinda like if you dont floss your teeth.

or you could get someone to hold down the dog once a day and use a Sonic Care my hygenist(sp) raves how well my teeth look since I started using it :lol:

Grey Ghost

Post by Grey Ghost » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:26 pm

Dry dog food, Milk Bones, Nylabones, other misc chew toys. I've tried brushing with limited success. Ellie loves the taste so getting the brush in her mouth isn't the problem. The problem is avoiding her tongue. :lol:

If you do try brushing, remember that human toothpaste isn't meant to be swallowed and you're not likely to get your dog to rinse and spit. So, use a doggy toothpaste. It's easy enough to find at Petco, Petsmart, or probably most other pet stores.