Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

How many of you, after watching the GSP win at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, jumped up and stacked your dog?

I did!
12%
Nope Sorry!
26%
Grant, you're weird!
62%

Total votes: 34

grant
GDF Junkie

Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

Post by grant » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:42 pm

Ok, I hope my family is not the only crazy ones! How many of you, after watching the GSP win at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, jumped up and stacked your dog. I did! Lindsay was the judge and Kage won! He even did a celebration dance!

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:51 pm

Dang! I got the first wierd vote already!!! :D

Rusti's Mom

Post by Rusti's Mom » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:34 pm

We didn't. I didn't know what "stacking" was until I saw her do it and then everyone went wild. Rusti thought that we both were nuts. She was camped out on the couch with her paw on my lap and her head in my husband's lap and we both freaked out when the Judge said the magic words.

It doesn't matter if she can hunt or not, she won the BIG one nd the rest will be history.

Pat

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:43 pm

Thats nothing! Rip and Bomber jumped up and stacked themselves!!! Rick had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for the BIS, and when the shorthair won I let out a scream. I thought he was going to fall off the couch. He had to watch it today on USA to see the end.
Last edited by snips on Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brenda

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:43 pm

Sorry, Grant, that "Weird" was me.

I'm just bent a different way.

When I saw Rick and Fritz on the inside cover of the latest edition of the NSTRA mag, I grabbed Gunner and went out and exercised him (we're off birds right now).

Best,

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:47 pm

"Stacking" is...????? A: Something you do for a picture after you win a FIELD EVENT!j/k :P

Rusti's Mom

Post by Rusti's Mom » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:55 pm

Yep. But she did it herself. It was easy to see her re-positioning herself. totally awesome.

I will leave the details for someone else to handle.

Pat

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:22 pm

Geeez! More Grant's crazy votes huh!? :( I feel my self-esteem being cut in half.

I'm sure I'm not bent too far from you Greg. =) I don't spend my Saturday's working on Kage and Bell's free stack. =) That’s Lindsay's job! I've never really caught myself wanting to practice the kids’ stacks after looking at PDJ. =)

TAK,
Don't be so closed minded. Borrow a pink dress, put on some lip, and practice Clowns stack. He might just like it. HA! hahahaha

Lord help me. I better stop while I'm ahead!

Grant

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:56 pm

Have to admit she did a very nice job...I knew she would get it just by her intent and looks and everything was well put together....Now if they would put a DC in front of her name that would really be totally awesome

I have posted this on a couple of other sites but my biggest concern now is all the people that are going to breed the GSP for the IN THING demand...and then find out what excersise and training the dogs require....and then how many turn into rescue pound pups when people find that a high energy dog requires more then they bargained for.....That is the sad thing about winning a well advertised show of breeds

......and i still can't believe that those poor long haired setters are suppose to be what people think should be in the field...man what that show ring can do to Ruin a breed
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

TAK

Post by TAK » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:34 pm

"""Now if they would put a DC in front of her name that would really be totally awesome"""

Know we are talking about something!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:22 pm

Dream on! :lol:
brenda

gundogguru

Post by gundogguru » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:14 am

My dogs grandfather won the breed there about 8 years ago.

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:46 pm

I admit, we stacked our dogs. However, they are also show dogs in training so it was just additional practice. I was just glad that it wasn't another long haired breed or a poodle. :wink: Form follows function.

Carla