Guilty Or Not Guilty

When your dog/dogs destroy something in your house/garden do they...

Kneel before you shaking in penitant fear.
38%
See you and run.
13%
Look at your other dog and implicate him/her.
6%
Plead the 5th.
43%

Total votes: 47

Terry

Guilty Or Not Guilty

Post by Terry » Wed May 02, 2007 11:10 pm

Today my black lab (Boston) spread the garbage all across the kitchen, which hasn't happened since he was maybe six months old. When, I came home, as soon as he saw me slouched down, started shaking, ears back, quick half tail wags, and no eye contact! Guilty before I saw the evidence!

He does this anytime he's done something he shouldn't, I know to check the couch for his fur when I come home and he is acting "guilty", he just can't hide it :)

My yellow (Paisley), on the other hand will look at you with completely blank stare as if to say, "Apparently someone screwed with your stuff while you were gone."

Just curious about whose dogs have a conscience!

Pryor Creek Okie

Post by Pryor Creek Okie » Thu May 03, 2007 6:04 am

My older dog has that same guilty look about her. The pup, on the other hand, is usually quite proud of any mess he has made. He will come running to see me and then lead me to the scene of the crime as if to show off.

Goosehunterdog

Post by Goosehunterdog » Thu May 03, 2007 8:09 pm

Mine does the guilty look as well!!!! :lol:

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Thu May 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Head down, tail tucked, and slowly creeping toward me or the wife

kiddcline

No eye contact

Post by kiddcline » Fri May 04, 2007 8:51 am

She'll glance up and turn her head with her tail between her legs and her belly nearly touching the ground. Crazy how the respond like a person. Cower when we've caught!
Cam

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Sun May 06, 2007 4:52 pm

My older dog will tell me he's done wrong first! I have to look around and find why he looks so guity!

zodiakgsps

Post by zodiakgsps » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:10 pm

Most of my guys get the "look of shame" when an "error" in judgement has happened.....except Duece who will proudly fetch a half eaten shoe to you! Some days i think I spend half my time chasing him down to get socks, shoes, keys??(think he wants to go for a ride...) or my purse from him.(as I'm typing he brought me a sandal!)
Hence his nick-name, NO-NO BAD DOG!!!

LuLu_01

Post by LuLu_01 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:46 pm

This is a great post for the GSP owners. Digging in the garden for voles, mice..whatever is great fun.
No guilt, she gives me that tongue hanging out look like "Geez, can't wait to do that again". Have to admit, she just looks way to happy afterward to get upset!!