How do you register your dogs?

How is your dog(s) registered? Select as many as apply. Sorry if I left any out.

FDSB
22%
AKC
49%
UKC
3%
Other
15%
Not Registered
11%

Total votes: 96

Stoneface

How do you register your dogs?

Post by Stoneface » Sun May 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Just wondering how you guys register your dogs? The only two personal birddogs I have right now are FDSB and Moxy is cross-registered with AKC.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Stoneface

Re: How do you register your dogs?

Post by Stoneface » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 pm

No, I've never heard of that before. Americans are very domineering when it comes to freedom and not being told what to do. It's our heritage handed down from those who fought to secure freedom from England. If someone tried to impliment a requirement to get tags for your dogs there would be an uproar.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:59 am

Stoneface wrote:No, I've never heard of that before. Americans are very domineering when it comes to freedom and not being told what to do. It's our heritage handed down from those who fought to secure freedom from England. If someone tried to impliment a requirement to get tags for your dogs there would be an uproar.
Are you sure about this? Do you have to have tags to prove you have given rabies shots? Do you have to have papers that say your dog is purebred? Do you have to have tags on your car? Do you have to have tags to vote? I think that freedom you taked about has been done away with over the years and is barely visible today.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

zigzag

Post by zigzag » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 am

When My Dog got his Rabbies shot, The county I live in sent me a bill stated that I had to register my dog and pay a annual fee of 15.00 if dog was not intact and 40.00 if dog was intact. Welcome to the City.

dukdogz

Post by dukdogz » Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 am

All of my dogs are registered both UKC, and AKC
UH HRCH Lutervilles Backwater Sonny
UH HRCH Lutervilles Backwater Jack
Lutervilles Bad News Bear "Tanner"