Eyes
26%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 27

GrouseHunter22

Tracking

Post by GrouseHunter22 » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:26 pm

What do you use to track your dogs? Please explain if choosing other. :)

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:31 pm

Having spent the first 25 years of my life hunting behind dogs without beepers or bells I was very skeptical.. until I got my first Lovett's beeper collar. They are a wonder of modern technology, and make the pleasure of the hunt so much greater because they all but eliminate all apprehension about "where's my dog" especially when hunting in heavy/tight cover. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

kremer

Post by kremer » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:04 pm

I use my eyes due to the fact that I train my dogs to hunt close to me. I guess it would depend on where you hunt, where I am we don't have heavy cover, so it is easy to see the dog and what they are doing.

sudiegirl

Post by sudiegirl » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:04 pm

we use a beeper collar that is attached to the e collar. nice to have it all in one. it can be controlled from the handheld transmitter so that we can turn it off and on as needed and change the options for the different dogs. the conditions where we usually are hunting are so hilly that the dog could be on the other side of a hill and we would not be able to see him and the woods can get so thick that the dog could be underfoot and we would not know it (especially if they are on point in both scenarios) so i think they are great. they also work well if your dogs disappear out from under your feet and chase a deer for 5 miles right brenda?? :)