Members

How many members do you think that we will have by the end of June?

168-169
No votes
170-174
5%
175-179
15%
180 or Over
80%

Total votes: 20

GrouseHunter22

Members

Post by GrouseHunter22 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:21 am

How many members do you think that we will have by the end of June?

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:25 am

Cool vote! =)

I think about 180+
I'd love to see 500+
:naka:

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:11 pm

180+ would be great, but I think we'll see the greatest flow of memberships coming in when the weather turns bad and people come back indoors and get back on their internet for some serious surfing.

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:52 pm

You know I don't want this to sound catty... . I want this board to be succesful and have lots of good people, however there's been so much bad blood, backstabbing, kennel/breeder bashing, and outright slanderous crap on some of the other boards that are much busier, I'm all for keeping a smaller crowd on here if it will help to keep it a nicer crowd like we have now! The more the merrier as long as it's people of good will. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

GrouseHunter22

Post by GrouseHunter22 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:38 pm

I agree with WR. As long as the members are good, honest people who love gun dogs; I am okay with that but if people get on here and started stirring up some fire then they need to be kicked off of the forum. I was once kicked off the kentuckyhunting.com forum for reccomending this website. I haven't been able to log in on there since then. There are over 1,000 people on that forum. There are some pretty bad disscussions(sp?) sometimes.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:20 pm

I plan to keep the the fire starters off the forum. :shock:

Hopefully we can keep this a fun place to hangout =)

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:11 pm

Well Grant believe me having an ACTUAL moderator is a real pleasure. Terry finally took the job over on Shorthairs.net and it's taken a while but things have finally been cleaned up over there very nicely for about a month.

So far I have to say that even though this board is slow at times it's really a pleasure not to have to wade through or engage in ridiculous nasty debates. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:37 pm

I have to admit, I like the closeness and friendliness with everyone here, but it would be great to get more members so that we could get more opinions/thoughts on so many more topics. However, if that means that Grant and I would be spending 24/7 moderating the board to keep things under control, then I'll stick with our close lil' family here. :thumbright:

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:10 am

Final results...172! :)

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:09 am

The number of users slowed down a little. We were getting about 2 per day. I guess as we get more users, we will need more moderators.

I’ve also been working on a new dog site (a place to put your pedigrees online), which I will release in a week or so, and I would be excited to see if anyone would like to be involved in the testing process of the new site. I’ll give everyone more info soon!

Grant

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Members

Post by Sharon » Sat May 24, 2008 3:43 pm

It's a great forum; I'm sure it will continue to grow.

I'm a Mod at the biggest Ontario forum and perhaps i could give you one word of caution?

Be gentle with new, inexperienced members.

They come looking for help and a place to participate.
They will say outrageous things.
Old experienced members can roll their eyes and put them down.
It happens at our forum if we're not on the watch for it.

What has happened at trials and tests , also happens at forums. If we don't encourage the new folk , our beloved sport will fade.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat May 24, 2008 11:39 pm

Will be neat to see the new ped site

any changes your working on for it

something were it builds a data base so people can research their breed?
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:39 am

Arlette and Sharon,

This thread dates back 4 years. The peds Grant was working on was the Prefect Pedigrees I presume. I think Sharon was bored yesterday and dug up several old threads. :lol:

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun May 25, 2008 8:49 am

LOL - exactly!! :D
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Sun May 25, 2008 2:25 pm

GDF is one of the few sites that is close like a "small gathering" rather than a big party. I like that. I have learned a ton on trials, hunt tests, and just general info on my GSP's. I ran into some health type issues awhile back and i had more great repsonses from people it assisted in solving my issues. GDF is a whole bunch of awesome people who truly love their dogs, hunting & trialing. I have had the pleasure to meet a few different people at trials who recognized my dog from GDF!! Now when on GDF, I have a face to go along with their dog.
Bill L.