Total votes: 42

Ahumphers91

#1 FC Sire Dixieland's Rusty or #2 FC Sire Uodibars Boss Man

Post by Ahumphers91 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:16 am

What lines do you prefer??

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:37 am

those were both great dogs, but there is no such thing as a Rusty line or a Boss Man line any more. those dogs have been gone too long. the highest COI you will find on a ped for either is about 8%, which in my view is the very minimum to call something line bred. and then you take that line bred dog and breed it to another dog, and the "line" coefficient drops to 3% or so no matter what you do.

Boss Man made some nice dogs, NFC Ammertals Boss Ranger being one. Rusty made many nice dogs the great majority of which were gun dog/shooting dog types. There is no such thing as a Rusty line or a Boss Man line anymore. too much time and too many generations have passed.

my dogs are very heavily Rusty bred, but would not say they are Rusty line bred.

GSPBLAZE

Post by GSPBLAZE » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:22 am

Aren't there straws still available from Rusty???

I thought I saw a ped of a pup not too long ago that had Rusty as grandsire

GSPBLAZE

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:36 am

no straws from Rusty.

Rusty as grandsire there are a very few, and the one's (actually the one) I have heard of, is not a titled dog, but in most breedings now, you will see Rusty as great grandsire or more. Rusty died in 1991, 16 years ago now. I say that, having just about as much Rusty in my dogs as anyone does. But that is not much anymore, in anyone's dogs. Mostly marketing.

Boss Man is even more distant. There were some good Boss Man dogs running in the early 80's, NFC Ammertals Boss Ranger, a solid liver dog, was one. But to quote Obi Wan Kenobi, "That is a name I have not heard for a long long time." John Rabidou's (breeder of Boss Man) current best dog is Uodibar's Shoot the Moon, and you will not find Boss Man in his five gen. ped. There is a teeny bit of Rusty, I think.

ssjetset

Post by ssjetset » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:09 am

My 14 year old GSP's grandsire was Rusty, her 7 year old daughter has rusty on both ends, how much of that contributed to her makeup I don't know but she is the finest pure birddog I have ever owned.

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:01 pm

Joe Fingerlin owns a FC/AFC that is a Rusty grandson. This dog also won the Chicken Championship a few years ago.
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Soggy Bottom's Dapper Dan
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Juicy Butte
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide
Soggy Bottom's Col. Angus

TrueBlu Shorthairs

Post by TrueBlu Shorthairs » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:27 pm

John, there are quite a few Rusty grand get out there, consider Steve Lithgow's FC Rusty's Blue Earth Rexx and his get. I owned a Rusty grandson by Rexx, out of Ronnie's Scoop dog. I bred him to my Slick female to produce NFC RU FC TrueBlu's Hud's Kickin Up Dust. So, there are many out there who are grandkids.

Where Rusty was the product of an outcross, he was a very nice example of the Moesgaard dogs. In fact, Rusty was probably more Moesgaard than about any dog of his time.

Haile

Post by Haile » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:46 am

Wagon,,,I know that WildRose has 2 FC/NC Dandi Runaway Rusty dogs. These are Rusty grand kids. I have a Line Bred Dixieland Luke son that is a litter mate to Gabriel raised by Bob Merkel.

I am at this point in time breeding my Luke son to a Rusty Grand daughter that I own. I am hoping for dogs that hunt as hard and run as big as their parents with this mating.

LuLu_01

Post by LuLu_01 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:51 pm

Speaking of Dixieland, has anyone heard of Dixieland's Cool Hand Luke or Dixieland's Jessie?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:16 pm

Dixielands Coolhand Luke was out of a litter Bob Merkel bred. He bred Dixielands Luke to Wrenegades Reno. Reno was out of Luke bred to rawhides vivid dixie. That was a breeding that worked very well for Bob and he repeated several times.

Dixielands Jesse was out of Dixielands Luke bred to Samantha Simonds Moesgaards, she was owned I believe by Mr. Rabidou.

Pat Waresk has a male out of that breeding, who is finished both ways. Wrenegades Gabriel, he also owns Dixielands Bustin loose belle, who is a NAFC/FC/AFC. Nice dogs. Mr. Merkel still has some of that running through his dogs, I personally like Luke dogs, I have only seen a handful of them but all of them were good bird dogs.

LVRGSP :lol:

LuLu_01

Post by LuLu_01 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:03 pm

Thanks for the info about Dixieland's, One of my dogs was great grand parent on the sire side was a breeding between Cool Hand Luke and Jessie. If I'm reading this correctly it was a father daughter breeding which then produced FC AFC Wrenegade's Gabriel..

On the Dam's side is FC AFC Mad Cassino's Beck... Appreciate the info, some things are making more since to me..

LuLu_01

Post by LuLu_01 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:05 am

OMG My pup looks just like Wrenegade's Gabriel, (grandfather)..except he has a narrow blaze on his face..(I like the blaze).

The pic was worth a million words...thanks again...

bigdawg0118

Re: #1 FC Sire Dixieland's Rusty or #2 FC Sire Uodibars Boss Man

Post by bigdawg0118 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:46 pm

I have JC Turner's Lucky Dawg...he was born July 19, 2005 and his grandsire is Dixieland Rusty. I have his pedigree and as soon as I wrangle it up I will give yall his exact line.

bigdawg0118

Post by bigdawg0118 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Ok, I just looked at his pedigree and Dixieland Rusty is his great grandsire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigdawg0118

Post by bigdawg0118 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Its a JH not JC title.