Another ecollar poll

Do you prefer constant stimulation, nick, or both on your ecollar?

Constant stimulation
16%
Nick
8%
Both constant and nick
76%

Total votes: 49

Addict

Another ecollar poll

Post by Addict » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:02 pm

Here's another question about ecollars.

I have narrowed it down to two collars. The TT field 90 or the TT classic 70. I am used to the preset levels and like knowing what level it is on without looking. I currently have a sport 50 that I got a few years ago to train my lab so I am used to the way the TT's are set up.

I know that you can stimulate a nick with a continuous only collar but was wondering what your experiences are with them. Is there anyone out there that uses the nick function on your collar?

Also both of the collars I mentioned have a tone button. Does anyone use this to train for a recall?

Addict

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:14 pm

I use Con. for basic training, and Vibe. for warning.

I like con. because you can apply collar until the dog complies.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:26 pm

I likeme both I use constant when training and nick when in the feild and need to back up the command at a far distance nice to have i would go with both.

Casper

Post by Casper » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:31 pm

I only usee the nick when having a dog walk at heal and starts to get to far ahead, to far behind, wanders, etc. but having both is real handy even if you only use it occasionaly.

Wesley Boothe

Post by Wesley Boothe » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:35 am

I also am a big fan of the tone button. I train my dogs to come on the tone.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Another ecollar poll

Post by Sharon » Sat May 24, 2008 3:19 pm

I couldn't do without both and I want a tone on my next collar.

Times I want it on continuously until she complies - especially f0r a young dog doing yard work. and transitioning from the check cord to the collar.
Other times i just want to remind an older dog with a quick nick.

For the well-trained dog I'd like to have a tone to use as a little reminder.

Wasn't until I attended the Rick Smith Foundations Seminar that I really felt competent in using the collar.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat May 24, 2008 11:23 pm

Get the collar with the constant stimulation

reason why..... If you can control your finger ....

Depress button quickly you have momentary

hold buttom down you have consistant

really easy to do

:wink:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Sun May 25, 2008 11:09 pm

kninebirddog wrote:Get the collar with the constant stimulation

reason why..... If you can control your finger ....

Depress button quickly you have momentary

hold buttom down you have consistant

really easy to do

:wink:
Well said.

I use nick 90% of the time. Only use continuous when he ignores the nick, which doesn't seem to happen often.

upland-o

Post by upland-o » Mon May 26, 2008 7:36 am

wow, I guess both wins it huh? I use both because I train with my e-collar, a lot of people claim to but really dont. I have never had a need and probly never will to use constant stim in the field, EB's are soft when it comes to the collar and it doesnt take a strong shot to get the resaults you want. I use constant stim in the yard, I utilize it to train the pup and let him know that when we get the desired resault, the stimulation stops, within reason of course, there is a lot of debate out there on this training method, but in my experience, it works very well