Ryan

Are GSP's and DKs the same?

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:59 pm

Please only vote do not post posting can be done here. Thanks

http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... 2557#12557

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:26 pm

The same thing??

with that question I'd have to vote both yes and no :)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:50 pm

Sorry I didnt know how to phrase it.

DK Dogs

Post by DK Dogs » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:21 am

NOT THE SAME

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:22 am

DK Dogs wrote:NOT THE SAME
Please if you have somthing to say about it post your comments in the other thread.

rosiesdad

Post by rosiesdad » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:19 pm

I beleive they can be but usually arent. I salute the German breed standard, it helps keep the GSP's pure. They will never let them go the route of Labs..
Only two seasons, bird season and getting ready for bird season

shtank

Re: Are GSP's and DKs the same?

Post by shtank » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:41 pm

Not the same.

Ryman Gun Dog

Re: Are GSP's and DKs the same?

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:26 am

Gentlemen,
The US GSP and the DK may have the same heritage routes but the DK is the real German dog controlled by the club and Breed Warden.
Owner/breeders like Madonna will tell you quite quickly the dogs are not the same. Having owned the real German dog and the US GSP
both, the German DK gets my vote as the better hunting animal, but not by much.
RGD/Dave

CoCo my Brothers incredible US bred GSP one of the best Grouse dog to ever work the Grouse woods, she has pointed over 1000 wild Grouse from Pa to Canada a finer Grouse dog a man could never own.

Pine Creek Rosie, the real DK German dog, even Coca could not match her in the Grouse Woods, for finding snow rousting Grouse and
instinctively tracking and retrieving them to hand. I once watched her set 11 snow routing Grouse in 20 minutes for guning, in Somerset County, Pa. We only gunned 6 birds with 3 different men however. Even Coca with all her speed and talent could not match it, not ever, proud to say we have owned both dogs. In WVA on the Grear mountains outside of Morgantown, I watched Rosie put on her show on a beautiful sunny day, pointing two Grouse limts in less than 3 hours for two diffferent gunners, thats 8 wild WVa spooky Grouse, pointed & shot and retrieved in less than 3 hours by one dog for two men. These dogs are world class hunting animals
I was very lucky to have owned one who lived 18 years. Sometimes on the snow cover mountains if I listen close I can still hear her working with our puppies. Even with all our SM, Ryman, Gordon and Weimar dogs, there is an empty spot that can never be filled, she was that good.