Where to buy a used O/U in Eastern WA?

gunguy

Where to buy a used O/U in Eastern WA?

Post by gunguy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:54 am

I want to buy a used Beretta 12 or 20ga over under. I would really like a BL series, 686, or a Blackwing. My budget is under $1000. I don't care if its a little beat up as long as it has't been hacked up, and it locks up tight and shoots well. I am in Spokane WA if anyone local has one they want to sell. I would also consider other brands but the "B guns" fit me well. I never see anything nice at the gun shows and there aren't any good used gun shops around here. Where should I look?

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Where to buy a used O/U in Eastern WA?

Post by DonF » Tue May 01, 2018 8:34 am

Budget under $1000! Have you looked at the new CZ's ? I think they have a few under that price. People that have them seem to like them.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue May 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Expand your search area, and then have it shipped.

http://www.gunsinternational.com

gunguy

Post by gunguy » Wed May 02, 2018 3:50 pm

DonF wrote:Budget under $1000! Have you looked at the new CZ's ? I think they have a few under that price. People that have them seem to like them.
Yes, I don't really feel that any gun over $1000 is going to kill birds any more dead than a $1000 one will. Not to mention its going to get scratched, used in the rain and inevitably dropped while out in the field. So $1000 is about the limit on what I am ok with hunting with. I already have WAY more than that wrapped up in dogs, dog expenses, gear, truck, gas etc. I have been hunting with my trusty 870 for the past few seasons. The shotgun was last on my list and I don't have a whole lot left over haha. I have handled a few CZs but have been told by a couple of trusted gunsmiths to stay away from them. Do you have any experience with them?

gunguy

Post by gunguy » Wed May 02, 2018 3:51 pm

jetjockey wrote:Expand your search area, and then have it shipped.

http://www.gunsinternational.com
I considered that, I just don't know how I feel about buying a gun without every seeing it in person or handling it.

bustingcover

Post by bustingcover » Thu May 03, 2018 5:44 am

Have you checked the shotgun classifieds over on the Northwest Firearms board?
You like these dogs because you like the truth. And these dogs, if you watch them, they will show you the truth.

gunguy

Post by gunguy » Mon May 07, 2018 2:04 pm

bustingcover wrote:Have you checked the shotgun classifieds over on the Northwest Firearms board?
I have. Most of the stuff I see on there is in Western WA. But thank you for the suggestion. I haven't checked there lately so I will have another look.

gunguy

Post by gunguy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:21 pm

As an update, it turns out Montana is the best place to find a good used O/U in Eastern Washington. Ended up finding exactly what I wanted on Guns International.
BrowningSmall.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.