AYA

rkappes

AYA

Post by rkappes » Tue May 30, 2017 8:45 am

Anyone know anything about these side x sides?

P&PGunsmith

Re: AYA

Post by P&PGunsmith » Tue May 30, 2017 10:36 am

Aguirre y aranzabal spanish manufacturer.
They made lots of different grades from the matador up to extremely fancy shotguns. they also made guns mostly matadors for companies like sears. if you dont mind it saying sears on the side you can pick them up pretty cheap. i bought my daughter a sears (aya) back in about 2005 for $80 that was like brand new. The upper end guns are very good quality despite some critics only because they are spanish.
Take Care
Pete

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue May 30, 2017 1:38 pm

They are still in business. Very, very good guns. An AYA #2 around body in 20 or 28 will find its way into my safe in the future.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue May 30, 2017 2:11 pm

P&PGunsmith wrote:Aguirre y aranzabal spanish manufacturer.
They made lots of different grades from the matador up to extremely fancy shotguns. they also made guns mostly matadors for companies like sears. if you dont mind it saying sears on the side you can pick them up pretty cheap. i bought my daughter a sears (aya) back in about 2005 for $80 that was like brand new. The upper end guns are very good quality despite some critics only because they are spanish.
Thanks for the info!

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue May 30, 2017 2:12 pm

jetjockey wrote:They are still in business. Very, very good guns. An AYA #2 around body in 20 or 28 will find its way into my safe in the future.
Thanks for the info!

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 pm

AyAs have been around for a good spell.....seems like Jack O'Connor may have owned one. :?:

Regardless, be they boxlocks or sidelocks, AyAs are considered ok+....I believe the sidelocks are on the H&H action pattern.
Around about 2005-ish the AyA #2 was considered the go-to work gun in the uplands....helped along by MM using one as a travel gun.
During that popularity time and thru the Spaniard's production schedules, there were often less than perfect orders and guns released.
Which is not at all unusual.
I had a #2 ordered and it came in about 3/4# heavy......just a failure to maintain a level of quality and order control.
I passed on the gun even after waiting 18 months.

If the gun passes the sniff test then one would be unlikely to be unhappy with any reasonable quality level of AyA.
They sold a big bucket of them over Time.....should be many out and about.

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm

jetjockey wrote:They are still in business. Very, very good guns. An AYA #2 around body in 20 or 28 will find its way into my safe in the future.
i guess i did you past tense. yest they are still in business.
Take Care
Pete

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Wed May 31, 2017 7:23 am

P&PGunsmith wrote:
i guess i did you past tense. yest they are still in business.
No worries, with all the gun manufactures that are going out of business, including Ugertechia, and now Arrieta, I just wanted guys to know they are still in business. They are very nice guns.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:49 am

I've got three Matadors; 16, 28 and 410. Nicest SxS's I ever owned.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!