Fausti shotgun

Dave 202

Fausti shotgun

Post by Dave 202 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:12 am

Does any body on here have any info pro or con on the Fausti Caledon 20 ga o/u Thanks in Advance

Steve007

Re: Fausti shotgun

Post by Steve007 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:17 am

As I recall, the Fausti sisters that took over the company from their dad are little sweeties. Does that count? :wink:

The line has consistently received good reviews from Shooting Sportsman Magazine. I expect you can find reviews via google. Pictures of the girls, too.

jstevens

Post by jstevens » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:35 am

I don't have a Caledon, but have a Fausti Dea SL (sxs) 20 ga. It is a very nicely finished and fitted gun and I like it a lot. The wood to metal fit is what you would expect from a higher grade Italian shotgun. I would not be afraid of anything they make, other than the cheap price point Traditions guns they made. Mine is also about the right weight, 6 pounds 2 oz, IMO 20 ga. guns should weigh 6 pounds, at least hunting guns.

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Fausti makes wonderful shotguns and they are great value when you keep in mind price-point. They can also develop a custom SxS for you. A friend of mine did exactly that. It is a 20 gauge SxS with a very nice piece of wood, tight wood to metal, and the engravings are stunning - the bottom one is of his pointer's head and it would pass as a photo! Then again, it costs a little more than the Caledon.
I'd buy one before many other makes for that cost.