Benellie M2 20ga questions and concerns

SHaRPS

Benellie M2 20ga questions and concerns

Post by SHaRPS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:50 am

Hi all,

I am in the market for a Benelli M2 slugger in 20ga but I also want to purchase a field barrel in the same deal. My questions - If you own one how do you like it overall? It looks like this is one of the best sluggers out on the market and would be a great semi carry for upland birds. Should be a nice flat shooter and extremely reliable in all weather from what I read. Any comments would be appreciated. As far as my concerns - are there multiple version being made in the same model? the specific model I am looking at from the Benelli website is 11093. I ask because 5 of the 6 gun stores in my area are asking $1,399 for the 20ga slugger version yet the 6th store is only asking $1,250. same goes for the additional field barrel. 5/6 are asking around $600 yet the last guy is asking $485. Am I missing something here or does he just get a better deal on them and is passing them along?

JJT

Re: Benellie M2 20ga questions and concerns

Post by JJT » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:22 pm

I just finished my first season with M2 20 gauge. I hunt out west mostly chukar. Love the gun and it's carry weight. Great for quick shooting upland bird stuff. Put a sling on it and have absolutely loved it. Adjusted the fit with the shims and it shoots where I look. My shot to kill ratio has definitely gone up because I was able to adjust the poi with shims. The comfotech system really works. Not a single misfire or issue. Can't imagine a better, lighter, more reliable gun for more purposes. Good luck and enjoy!

Urban_Redneck

Post by Urban_Redneck » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:37 am

There can be several reasons why one dealer price is better on a particular gun, chief among them is they have it in stock and need to pay bills ;) If it's what you want, grab it now, Benelli don't seem to be discounted very often (especially the extra barrel)

SHaRPS

Post by SHaRPS » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:59 pm

So its been 5 weeks and my local shop still doesn't have the M2 20ga slugger or bird barrel. I called today and they said "good luck, its a Benelli". Is this the case for everyone? Now I have to redo my paperwork as the 30 days has expired. I am just wondering if this is common with Benelli or something else is going on here.