Yildiz

Ranger351

Yildiz

Post by Ranger351 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:45 pm

So I know the opinions are mixed on these guns because the aren't one of the killer B's but from those who own or have owned one what is your opinion on them? I know they arent a 1k$ gun but are they decent

RichK

Re: Yildiz

Post by RichK » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Junk

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:07 pm

What was it you didn't like about yours?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:52 am

All I have ever heard was they are a very good cheaper gun similar to the CZ. Several people who like the most expensive guns have commented they wouldn't buy one because they won't hold their value but I think it depends if you are buying a gun to use or one for the investment.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

aulrich

Post by aulrich » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:32 am

I have one in 12ga, should have bought it in 20 but that is not the guns fault. it's an excellent field gun it's light , points well mine has gone bang every time for 3 years now. I would classify it as the point where good starts, nothing fancy but still gets the job done. And sure the B's my have wood that is finished flush to the metal work, nicer scroll work carved into the receiver which are standards for a better gun and that make those guns cost more but ironically neither contribute to the killing of birds.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:14 am

What contributes to killing birds re the scattergun itself are......trigger and balance.
The one example of a Y-gun that I shot slipped badly in the trigger department....same with other comparable guns.
My concern longterm would be the metal treatment in any low price point scattergun and that trigger, sears, et al would be subject to change for the worst.
IF, one is putting a box or maybe two of reasonable loads thru the gun in a year then odds are things will be fine for a good spell but, the quality that determines that price point speaks to borrowed time.
Borrowed time speaks to repair costs or difficulty in repair of guns no longer manufactured.
But, the truth is that many do not appreciate trigger or balance...bang or rough duty are enough....the Yildiz serves that segment of the market.
Purchase for a pocketbook or for a lifetime+.....the choice is there for each of us.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:31 pm

Mountaineer wrote:What contributes to killing birds re the scattergun itself are......trigger and balance.
The one example of a Y-gun that I shot slipped badly in the trigger department....same with other comparable guns.
My concern longterm would be the metal treatment in any low price point scattergun and that trigger, sears, et al would be subject to change for the worst.
IF, one is putting a box or maybe two of reasonable loads thru the gun in a year then odds are things will be fine for a good spell but, the quality that determines that price point speaks to borrowed time.
Borrowed time speaks to repair costs or difficulty in repair of guns no longer manufactured.
But, the truth is that many do not appreciate trigger or balance...bang or rough duty are enough....the Yildiz serves that segment of the market.
Purchase for a pocketbook or for a lifetime+.....the choice is there for each of us.
I guess I am just lucky as most of the guns in my safe will fit into the cheap category and most will fit into the old category and they all still work and few have ever had a minor repair. But I also am not shooting thousands of rounds through them.

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:00 pm

As to bird hunting scatterguns....there is comparably inexpensive, inexpensive and there is cheap.
There also is unpopular, needing a tad of loving care or being out of favor for the period and particulars which can lower a purchase cost...there is also lower cost due to a shorted design and component quality...interior components especially.
This later often identifies cheap for a brand new gun, to me, and that was my point.
We are free to choose.
I once chose an inexpensive...$250 or so...16 gauge 870 made when 6 1/2# was heavy for the model...that 870 was not a cheap scattergun.

Design past bang, quality of components and time-tested are better ways to measure value and probability of satisfaction longterm than $$$s, to me....on either side of the wallet.
But...as before, all scatterguns can last for a good spell with use and luck figured in and if a tough trigger gets slapped well enough for government work then...happy one should be.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Ok well I have been looking to buy one for awhile and am actively searching classifieds so if any one has one in 12ga they would part with then pm me with info. Thanks for the opinions guys.

JH

Post by JH » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:07 am

I've been happy with mine. My primary gun is a Caesar Guerini, I wanted a beater gun for bird dog training and it fits the bill quite well. I purchased a 12ga. and found the recoil to be a little harsh. Installing a Limbsaver made a world of difference. No problems yet and fortunately warranty work is performed by Briley.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:28 am

Guessing no one has one for sale?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:10 am

There are not many available I am sure. I would have no idea of any place in Illinois where you can even buy a new one.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:17 am

Indiana is the closest but they have a 24hr hold on getting one and since I won't be able to stay overnight that makes it really difficult. No one has them in Az either

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:34 am

Jaquas had both a CZ and a Huglu for sale a while back...might need to lower expectations a tad.
The CZ, a 12 or a 20 I forget, was less than $400...???
They are a very sound outfit with which to deal.

codym

Post by codym » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:46 am

Academy sports is where I hear most people buying them. A guy at more work just bought one from the store in El Paso Tx.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:24 am

I know academy sells them but being as I don't live in a state with one they won't sell to me

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:58 pm

Ranger351 wrote:So I know the opinions are mixed on these guns because the aren't one of the killer B's but from those who own or have owned one what is your opinion on them? I know they arent a 1k$ gun but are they decent
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=104

Grommet

Yildiz

Post by Grommet » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:10 am

I noticed one on the board at the gun club. I'm going today and will PM you the contact info.

codym

Post by codym » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:40 pm

Ranger351 wrote:I know academy sells them but being as I don't live in a state with one they won't sell to me

Not sure what you mean? I bought a Benelli from "bleep" in Tx and I am a NM resident. I know TX NM and Az will sell long guns to out of state residents. Check gun broker as well. If I were you I would just buy a used browning, proably be way happier in the long run

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:16 pm

I've called every academy store and went to store managers and none will ship ffl and I asked about if I drove there could I buy one and was told no with an Az DL

codym

Post by codym » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Ranger351 wrote:I've called every academy store and went to store managers and none will ship ffl and I asked about if I drove there could I buy one and was told no with an Az DL
Intresting. Your best bet will probably be gunbroker.com.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:15 pm

Academy has a company rule that you must be or have a license from a bordering state if you are going to purchase a long gun. Therefore New Mexico qualifies as a border state to Texas as does Oklahoma but was told if say someone from Kansas was to drive down to Amarillo to purchase they would not allow it.

codym

Post by codym » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:21 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:Academy has a company rule that you must be or have a license from a bordering state if you are going to purchase a long gun. Therefore New Mexico qualifies as a border state to Texas as does Oklahoma but was told if say someone from Kansas was to drive down to Amarillo to purchase they would not allow it.
Makes sense

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Most any gun store will serve as a receiving agent for $25 - 50.

live4point

Post by live4point » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:56 am

I have a 410 o/u I bought from Academy last fall.If you get one get the salesperson to show you all of the guns in the box they have,some of them have some really nice wood.When I got mine,another guy was buying a 20 gauge of the same model,his had plain wood and mine had really nice wood.

Jake300win

Post by Jake300win » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:44 pm

I have the 20 gauge o/u with 24 inch barrels. So far I really like it. The shoots well looks good and is light weight. I have only used it this hunting season and it has less than 200 hundred rounds through it. So I can't say how well it will hold up. It did come with a three year warranty through Academy.