new Benelli

snips
GDF Junkie

new Benelli

Post by snips » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:44 am

I picked up the new lightweight 12 G in the gun store yesterday. :D :D :D I loved it. I have 2 20 G so I don't know if I want to swing for it. Anyone own one?
brenda

JAK

Benelli 20 gauge

Post by JAK » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:12 pm

I have shot a Benelli Super Black Eagle for around 12 years. I love it. I quit shooting all of my other shotguns. I have wore off a bunch of the bluing on my SBE.

In 2000, I decided that I needed a the light weight 20 gauge Benelli. This is the nicest carrying shotgun possible. It is a good looking shotgun and it has the Benelli action.

There is only one problem with the light weight 20 gauge for me. I shoot terrible with it. I think that it is so light that my swing doesn't carry through. I decided that I can carry the extra weight of the SBE rather than force myself to learn how to swing the lighter shotgun.

Very likely, you will not have the problem with swing. I would encourage you to buy the 20 gauge Benelli. Christmas isn't far away, but you don't need an excuse to buy a shotgun.

Friedelsheim

Post by Friedelsheim » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:22 am

I have a 12 ga Benelli M1 Field. I couldn't be happier with it. It's a great all around gun. I use it for everything. Waterfowl, Turkey, and Upland. It fits me well for a factory gun. Very well balanced.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:39 am

I have the 20 g Montifeltro I use for my training gun, also the 20 Legacy I use for all other stuff. I never owned the 12 because of the weight, but now that they have it in lightweight I am tempted. :o
brenda

Scott

Post by Scott » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:39 am

Last Christmas I received a 12 ga. SBE II and i really like it. It is a really light shotgun. I have probably shot around 1500 rounds in it which isnt a lot for some but to me thats lots of shooting. I hope to check it out on ducks this year(today actually). It is chambered for 2 3/4", 3", and 3.5" shells. With the improvements to the stock it really doesnt kick all that much. I give it two thumbs up.

stonegripper

Post by stonegripper » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:49 am

Have you tried the 20 guage Montefeltro?

I have the SBE I and II, the M1 and Ruger Red Label, but the Montefeltro 20 is the best.

Good Luck!