Conn. shooting effecting AR prices???

Ghosted3

Conn. shooting effecting AR prices???

Post by Ghosted3 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:47 am

Long story short I purchased an AR for right under 700 around a month ago, I just seen that same rifle auctioned off (26 bidders) for 2900.00 last night. Now as I have said in my "introduction" post I have only gotten back into guns / bows / shooting for my son, but this really threw me for a loop. I even seen some of the mags for these things that were 3 packs for $349.00 I do not know that much of the story of the Conn. shooting or what weapon(s) were used, and I know that gun control is going to take a hit or be taxed or something out of the normal, but why are the ARs getting hammered so bad more-so than anything else?

Thanks
Corry

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Re: Conn. shooting effecting AR prices???

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:48 am

Both sides of the debate are profiteering off of the tragedy......AR price is just one example.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 pm

There are many people who never cared to own a gun now buying guns. The same thing has happened before and will happen again. I personally am going to sell off a bunch of stuff and will end up buying it back cheaper down the road.

jwnissen

Post by jwnissen » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:30 am

What was the site you were looking at? I sell guns part time and I think its funny what people will spend to buy a gun they know nothing about. At these prices i might sonsider selling my AR and just buy a new one in 6 months when prices go back down! :D

Thanks,
John

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 am

jwnissen wrote:What was the site you were looking at? I sell guns part time and I think its funny what people will spend to buy a gun they know nothing about. At these prices i might sonsider selling my AR and just buy a new one in 6 months when prices go back down! :D

Thanks,
John
buds gun shop is the place holding the auction. I didn't know what to do, my wife said sell mine and get a new one later, but knowing my luck they would never come back in stock lol.

Corry

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:19 am

What they are going for is a possession ban in high capacity magazines and military style rifles shotguns and pistols. I am against it of course. But for me as a law abiding citizen it would make no sense to stockpile something that would be illegal to posess. Wether it's magazines or drugs I don't need to be caught with it. Therefore I choose to sell it before it possibly becomes illegal to own. I'm sure the government is not.going to pay you top dollar to turn over your items for destruction. I don't care to shoot from the hip it wastes ammo and accomplishes little in your favor but helps the enemy greatly.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:07 pm

I just wanted something kinda fun for the yotes here in Illinois, hopefully the Pres. lets this go, but who knows.

Corry

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 pm

If these laws get passed and it's likely they will, you won't be able to buy back an AR 6 months from now. You won't be able to buy one back 6 years from and most likely not even after 60 years. I don't relate it to drugs as far as being illegal as the constitution does not give me the right to posses illegal drugs but it does give me the right to my firearms. I'm not giving up anything.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:If these laws get passed and it's likely they will, you won't be able to buy back an AR 6 months from now. You won't be able to buy one back 6 years from and most likely not even after 60 years. I don't relate it to drugs as far as being illegal as the constitution does not give me the right to posses illegal drugs but it does give me the right to my firearms. I'm not giving up anything.
Something tells me if those laws pass there will be a small civil war break out.

Corry