Franchi OU or yildiz?

Box

Franchi OU or yildiz?

Post by Box » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 am

I'm looking for a good OU... I've contemplated on going with a Yildiz since I've heard such great things about their OUnders, but I'm really intrigued with Franchi's new line of OU! Feedback please! :D

Ghosted3

Re: Franchi OU or yildiz?

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:26 am

Play with each one of them and see which one fits you better and feels better and there you go, for me it ended up being a Stoger of all things.

Corry

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Here's a review I googled up http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/0 ... r-shotgun/

I haven't seen or read about the new franchi ou but if they are anything like the old ones I would take an Italian.made gun over a Turkish made gun. franchi may have farmed out the work to Turkey also.

MN Bonasa

Post by MN Bonasa » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Box wrote:I'm really intrigued with Franchi's new line of OU
As was I, so Ipicked up a 20g 26" Instinct SL this weekend, feels and shoulders really nice and at little over 5lbs will carry all day no problem. Not to mention looks really good. Price is not to bad, under 1200.00 I got it for. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend, hopefully on a nicely pointed ruff!!!!

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:19 pm

I've seen them online for $999 would be my pick over yildiz but that's me.

terrym

Post by terrym » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 am

I was curious about the Yildz as it also ia quite light. After handling one in a shop there is no way I would buy one. The Franchi is built much better. There were actually philiphs drive head screws used in the Yildiz assembly. Get a Franchi or a CZ if you are looking for an inexpensive double.
I don't like people who don't like dogs......

Wild Mtn muddy toes Tucker
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=3772

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 pm

You can buy two Yildiz for what the Franchi cost. They both go bang.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:29 pm

I agree they both go BANG! untill one of them breaks & the Franchi will probably out last both the Yildiz.Like they say you get what you pay for,In most cases I own neither my Berreta will probably outlast both those brands but if I were choosing between the 2 Franchi would be my choice.

jwilcher

Post by jwilcher » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:01 pm

I have both guns you are talking about, and while the Franchi is a better built gun, the Yildiz is still a great option, it all depends on your budget. You are not really comparing apples to apples here. CZ to Yildiz is a more fair comparison as CZ's are just rebranded Huglu's which are made in Turkey. Now for those of you that think the Turkish can't build a gun, take a look back in time and you will see you are mistaken. I own CZ weapons also, but I fell that the Yildiz have a better fit and finish than the CZ and are considerably less expensive. It also depends on what you are going to use the gun for. If you live in a nice flat place with rolling fields then go for a beautiful gun. If you hunt the lava fields and scree that I find myself in every year, it would behoove you to buy something that is more or less disposable that goes bang every time, and is light to carry for 10 miles at a time.

jwilcher

Post by jwilcher » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Have you ever taken apart the gas piston on your Beretta? If you had I bet you wouldn't think it would outlast either..

Trev054

Post by Trev054 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:30 pm

I coach high school clay target shooting. At the state tournament in June one of my kids tied with another for an individual skeet title. My kid shot a yildiz that had been properly fit with weight added to help with recoil. He had a 3-station shoot off with a kid shooting about a $8000 Krieghoff. My kid is now a state champ.

They are really good guns for my kids who can't afford high dollar guns. We have had no issues. The secret is getting the guns properly fit.

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:51 pm

jwilcher wrote:Have you ever taken apart the gas piston on your Beretta? If you had I bet you wouldn't think it would outlast either..
I thought the subject was O/U. Never seen a gas piston in a O/U.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Trev054 wrote:I coach high school clay target shooting. At the state tournament in June one of my kids tied with another for an individual skeet title. My kid shot a yildiz that had been properly fit with weight added to help with recoil. He had a 3-station shoot off with a kid shooting about a $8000 Krieghoff. My kid is now a state champ.

They are really good guns for my kids who can't afford high dollar guns. We have had no issues. The secret is getting the guns properly fit.

Very nice!!! Glad to see someone helping the next generation with shooting sports. You realize you are fighting the pattern of kids sitting on their butts playing video games and possibly turning into PETA or hsus extremists.

jwilcher

Post by jwilcher » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 pm

donnie_19 wrote:
jwilcher wrote:Have you ever taken apart the gas piston on your Beretta? If you had I bet you wouldn't think it would outlast either..
I thought the subject was O/U. Never seen a gas piston in a O/U.
Sorry I posted in a similar thread but regarding autoloaders and got the two mixed up.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:35 am

When I worked for Briley MFG. We were the authorized repair station for Yildiz and we had trouble keeping up. Guns doubling, won't fire, ribs coming off bbl's separating and other problems. We dropped them. Maybe they've improved zinc then but I don't trust them.

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:57 pm

I have a CZ ou and side by side. I have a couple friends that also shoot CZ's and all of us have been very happy with them and have had zero problems. I also purchased a single shot 410 yildiz for my youngsters mainly because it was the lightest and had a short pull of any i could find. We have also been very happy with the yildiz and had zero problems out of it. I am a working man and definately must factor price into my decisions, but in this case I have been very satisfied. Good luck, SCK