Old 870 Magnum is MINE MINE ALL MINE!!!!

Huntbear

Old 870 Magnum is MINE MINE ALL MINE!!!!

Post by Huntbear » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Finally, I got the shotgun I always wanted.. Well beside a couple of SXS shotguns I will never be able to afford....

I traded a 10/22 for a Remington 870 12 Ga. in 3 in. Mag. ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and it is a WINGMASTER!!!!!!!!! Best I have figured out is it was built early to mid 1960's. I will dig a bit deeper later. It is a bit used.. needs a new recoil pad, and the stocks refinished (which I can do) and it needs a bluing job, but is fully functioning (went a put a dozen rounds through it today....

How does that song go???? I FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Calling an illegal alien an undocumented worker is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist......

Hunting is part of my heritage I am most proud of....

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Re: Old 870 Magnum is MINE MINE ALL MINE!!!!

Post by nikegundog » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 am

Pictures or in didn't happen. :D

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:37 am

I bought a used 870 2 3/4" with non ribbed full choke barrel in Missoula, MT when I got of college almost 40 years ago. I have since replaced the stocks and put on a vent rib barrel that take Remchokes. I've hunted with that gun for almost every upland and waterfowl species and shot a bunch of clay pigeons with it and it still works like a charm. Many happy days in the field with your new gun, Huntbear.

duckn66

Post by duckn66 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:30 am

I have the very first shotgun I ever owned which my father bought for me. It is none other than a left handed, 20 ga, 870 Wingmaster! Those Wingmasters will NOT wear out! I plan on taking it out opening day of upland this year. It's about a 76 model or so.

Congrats on the new to you gun! I hope you make a ton of memories with it as I have mine.