AKC's new crimp size Standard Procedure 1-g

cabinliving

AKC's new crimp size Standard Procedure 1-g

Post by cabinliving » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:07 pm

AKC's new Standard Procedure 1-G The one change is .22 acron crimps shall not be used. I own a NEF Gardiner starwhter pistol which takes .22 acorn crimps( all calibers up to .32 are acceptable). Does anyone know what crimps I could use that are .32 or less in my pistol ? I'm also trying to consult NEF to see what I can use. I know my pistol is no longer made, but hoping I can still use it as I'm very pleased with it.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Re: AKC's new crimp size Standard Procedure 1-g

Post by BigShooter » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm not familiar with your exact model but most starter pistols will accept the rest of the .22 blanks as well as the short acorn you're referring to.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

cabinliving

Post by cabinliving » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Mark,
Thanks for your reply, but with the new ruling it has to be smaller than .22 not larger than .32. They're trying to eliminate damage to man and beast with quieter shots. So I'm wondering if I can put in a smaller crimp.
Pat

rinker

Post by rinker » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Your going to have a tough time consulting with NEF. They no longer exist. i think they were eventually absorbed by Remington. Good luck finding any one at Remington that knows what your talking about when you ask questions about your blank gun.

cabinliving

Post by cabinliving » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Rinker,
Thanks for the info. Now I know why I can't find a contact number for NEF. I think I'll try a gunsmith and see what will work.
Pat

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 pm

cabinliving wrote:Mark,
Thanks for your reply, but with the new ruling it has to be smaller than .22 not larger than .32. They're trying to eliminate damage to man and beast with quieter shots. So I'm wondering if I can put in a smaller crimp.
Pat

How can it be smaller than a 22 and not larger than a 32????

cabinliving

Post by cabinliving » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:37 pm

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding the differences as I'm a rookie (Jr hunter level/learning curve) with all of this. What I do know is that I can't use my .22 acorn crimps I usually use in my NEF starter model 822, 22 short blank.

The revised procedures state: ...All calibers up to .32 are acceptable. Blank pistols that fire shotgun 209 pimres are also acceptable. .22 caliber "acorn" crimps shall not be used. ...

I'll see if 209's can fit my cylinder.

Maybe you can translate what that means to a novice. It's all Greek to me. Yahsoo! I'll take my pistol and the new rule to Bass Pro and see if they can help me.
Thanks again,
Patricia

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:41 pm

All 22 caliber other than acorns along with all calibers up to and including 32 are allowed. The acorns are too small and not loud enough and not what was posted unless someone has made a complete change. The acorns were never allowed in actual competion.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:34 pm

cabinliving wrote:I'm sure I'm misunderstanding the differences as I'm a rookie (Jr hunter level/learning curve) with all of this. What I do know is that I can't use my .22 acorn crimps I usually use in my NEF starter model 822, 22 short blank.

The revised procedures state: ...All calibers up to .32 are acceptable. Blank pistols that fire shotgun 209 pimres are also acceptable. .22 caliber "acorn" crimps shall not be used. ...

I'll see if 209's can fit my cylinder.

Maybe you can translate what that means to a novice. It's all Greek to me. Yahsoo! I'll take my pistol and the new rule to Bass Pro and see if they can help me.
Thanks again,
Patricia
209 primers will not fit in a NEF model 822. You can go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Menards, or most lumber yards and ask the people for the old style nail gun loads--either the lowest level(grey) or the next more powerful level(brown),I use the brown box--do NOT go above those levels. They are alot loader than acorns and cheaper too($7 to $8 for 100)--acorns are around $10 or $11. I have a model 822 so I know they will work well in your gun :D

cabinliving

Post by cabinliving » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 am

Deseeker,
THANKS for answering my question! Off to Home Depot or Lowes. :D
Patricia
Taliesin Gordon Setters