Good training gun for the money

ranmcc

Good training gun for the money

Post by ranmcc » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:16 pm

I have come across a new Stoeger 20ga sxs for $360 includes tax. Was looking for a training gun to just keep in my truck.
My review of this gun. When I got it it was extremely stiff in the action. I got on the internet and found instructions on
how to free it up. Had to take it completely apart including stock and polish some of the moving parts like the extractor
and some of the other parts. Cleaned everything. Also cut a round off the lever spring and took off a little off the pin that
hits the safety. Now everything works smooth and action easily falls in place. It also has the best fit for me on any sxs that
I have handled. Shoots great.

Ghosted3

Re: Good training gun for the money

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:48 pm

Stogers are a great gun that is made by Benelli, and I cant wait for mine to finally arrive at the store so I can bring it home.

Corry

ranmcc

Re: Good training gun for the money

Post by ranmcc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:42 am

Yes I am impressed with it. Bought two carlson ic chokes so it would have two stainless chokes and make it a quail special. Also bought a full choke to use with ic during dove season. What I really like about it is the way it fits me and I look straight down the barrel without seeing any rib. Patterned it and it shoots right where you point it.