stoeger SxS

sniperjon

stoeger SxS

Post by sniperjon » Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 am

So I'm gun shopping and for haha's I was trying the fit of a stoeger and found something did not like. When you pull the gun up and look down the rib to the bead the back of the frame where the barrel meets it is higher the the rib. So it's almost like your lining up the bead with the top of the frame not following the rib. So the question= Is this on purpose or does stoeger not match fit there gun to be flush to get a good line of sight down the barrels?

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: stoeger SxS

Post by DonF » Sat May 05, 2012 8:36 am

I don't think that should bother you much. If your sighting down the barrel to the front rib, your gonna be aiming and not pointing and not going to be shooting all that well.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Sat May 05, 2012 4:19 pm

jon i would sugguest you look at a yildiz s x s but their is not a acadamy sports neer you their the sole dealer of yildiz their more in the south same price as a stoger but people seem to love them from what ive read i want a yildiz o/u but i'm in the same boat never heard for acadamy sports until i was told about yildiz, they will ship one to a gun dealer from what ive read but think all the bs is going to cost me 70- 100 dollars extra, not sure its worth it just a thought, happy gun hunting

Border

Post by Border » Sat May 05, 2012 4:23 pm

a really nice upgrade to the Stoeger is the CZ line.Little more money but much sleeker and faster handling ,IMO.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Sat May 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Donf #1

exspecialy with s-s if ur aiming ur missing you just need to swing and shoot. if it don't feel right don't buy it.. you will no it when you pick up one and its right. good luck

ranmcc

Post by ranmcc » Tue May 08, 2012 7:13 pm

I just bought a Stoeger sxs 20 ga Uplander 26" barrell and did not notice really what you are talking about. I don't aim a shotgun
I just point it at the target and shoot. I like the way the Stoeger fits as most of the doubles like the CZ I see too much of the rib and
my sight plan is to high. The Stoeger is perfect for me. My sight plain is right down the rib. I also like a shotgun to shoot alittle high as I like to see the bird when I pull the trigger. The problem I had with the Stoeger was the action was way to tight and I could hardly break open the
action. I got on the internet and found a web site that explains in detail how to smooth out the internal parts and adjust the lever spring.
It was very easy to do following the instructions. Now I have a nice shotgun with smooth action that shoots as well as any double that costs two, three, and four times the price, if not thousands more. I have been shooting shotguns for 30 or more years and it shoots better than alot of brand name guns I have owned and gotten rid of. Time will tell if it will hold up.