Ruger 44 25th Anniversary

Sammy13

Ruger 44 25th Anniversary

Post by Sammy13 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

I have a beautiful unused Ruger 44 25th Anniversary but the problem is that it developed a small hairline crack in the stock. I called Ruger and they do not have stocks with that silver anniversary medallion anymore. I hate to change the stock, but in order to use it has to be changed. Any suggestions on a good stock to go with for that piece? Possibly just frame it as is and hang it up.

Sammy

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Re: Ruger 44 25th Anniversary

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 pm

How is the Medallion on the stock is it inlaid or maybe has a screw or tack on the back of it that holds it on the stock?? Shouldn't be to hard to remove & put it on new one.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:22 pm

There's a couple on Ebay right now, however I would wait to find a nice one, then use a forstner drill bit and I bet you couldn't tell the difference. Did you ask Ruger about purchasing a new stock through them, without the emblem? They probably could even send you one with the medallion hole pre-drilled, then it would be a matter of swapping out the emblem. Good luck.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:04 am

Sammy,
If you are interested in saving the original stock, Master Gun Maker Freddie Brunner in Ca is the man who can save it. I do not have his phone number here at the mountain home, but can get it for you if you want it. He just saved an original 1920 L.C. Smith stock for me, on one of my field grade double guns.
RGD/Dave

As you can see the repaired stock is like new and an Elsie butt stock shattered at the breech join is no easy repair job. Few people have this kind of talent.