Wtat's your favorit shotgun?

nj gsp

Re: What's your favorite shotgun?

Post by nj gsp » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Sure are a lot of favorites that are 16's! :D

My favorite is a 1927 A.H. Fox "A" grade in 16 gauge, 28" barrels. It weighs in at 5 lbs 12 oz.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Wtat's your favorit shotgun?

Post by DonF » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Nobody mentioned the Win 101 or the mod 23. I got to try out a mod 23 one time and if I though I could have got away with it, I'd a split. Unfortunately the owner was a friend and knew where I lived. Always had a soft spot for a Win Mod 21 too. I was at a training day at a Springer club years ago and was walking out of the field with Janet Christensen. She had a Mod 21 Grand American. I was drooling and she didn't like it. She said the only reason she use's it at all is because her husband gave it to her as a present!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

llewellinsetter

Post by llewellinsetter » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:47 pm

My gun of choice is my remington 1100 field and stream edition, it was made in 1972 it was a hand me down from my grandpa its my favorite gun i have ever shot. maybe because its a family gun but it fits perfect.
The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:13 am

Model 12 Winchester WS1.

Havy_GSP

Post by Havy_GSP » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:49 pm

remington model 1100! my dad gave it to me ill give it to my son

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Great topic !! Lot's of good answers here and it's a hoot to see what different folks like, it seems to me a gun is somewhat an extension of the owner and has a connection to them, whether that is a family passed on treasure, a special feel or fit, the first gun you shot, or the one you always dreamed of....they have meaning of some kind...it seems to me the perfect gun for anyone is the one that connects them with whatever that special thing is...could you shoot another gun better...maybe....could you get one fitted and run a jillion rounds through it and become great with it...sure...but the real test is the smile on your face when you use it...if it makes you the happiest then it's my guess it's the perfect gun for you. I have always appreciated tradition and the romance of the hunt and longing to connect with days gone by, with great dogs, great friends, great memories and of course that special gun. That being said, I have always had a soft spot for guns of yester-year and the lifetime quality that came with the "bespoke" pieces of finely crafted artisans, unfortunately my wallet and priorities of other committments have limited what might have turned into an obsession if given the chance. So while I can appreciate english doubles and others "bests" in SxS's, I have been limited to the more domestic classics and thusly my favorites are in no particular order:

Pre-1964 Win Model 12's- I have a '59 trap gun that I am pretty parcial to.
Browning Belgiums:
Superposed- my absolute favorite over and under hands down- a 1965 20ga/26.5" lightening in IC/MOD is my personal favorite-but the 12's are dandy too.
Browning A-5- The Light 12 Model in Mod/28" is a bulky but extremely accurate auto-loader with a rich heritage
Win Model 21- "The" American classic SxS...still on the wish list for someday.

Non Classic shooters in the arsenal that deserve merit as well:

Browning Citori Lightening Feather in 28" -a sub 7 lb 12 gauge that's a great shooter
Ruger Red label O/U 20 gauge- nice shooter in 20 Gauge....pretty heavy in 12 Gauge IMO
Benelli SBE-the original by HK Benelli with nice wood...very useful and reliable for anything and weighs 6.2 LBS, a nice field carry for an auto
Remington Wingmaster 870 LW Magnum 20 GA-- Just a really fun pump gun that's quick and light

I love to enjoy our heritage and think the best gun for you again, is simply the one you shoot and enjoy with a smile....PASS them on and keep tradition alive !!
"Most certainly there are no things in this world can equal the love of God, Family, Friends and a great Bird Dog."
www.OutlawGundogs.com

MTJoe

Post by MTJoe » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:06 pm

One of my favorite guns, one I still drag out once or twice a year is a bolt action .410 passed down to me, that he got when he was young. I learned to quail hunt with it back in KS, and with a built in poly choke, got a lot of use out of it!

Now though, my go to gun is a Mossberg 500 I had some custom work done to. I simply love it and giggle when some of my buddies use more gun than they are willing to put the time into. By that I mean knowing the gun, and its individual hang ups. One pal swears he cleans his gun well, but it jams all the time because he never seems to get it clean enough.

Having hunted all my life, and having my favorite guns, the one I am most happy with overall is the one in my hand when I am hunting! as that means the Honey-do list is done, and I aint in the house!

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Belgian Sweet 16 A5....28" M and 26" IC.

12 BUL...24" in No. 2 slot.