Benelli Nova

rkappes

Benelli Nova

Post by rkappes » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:32 am

Sooooooo I’ve been wanting a 20 gauge shotgun for upland hunting. I really wanted a Montefeltro or an Ultra Light…Benelli in general I guess. A gun shop in town here has a Nova 20 ga on sale for $369. Sale ends August 26th. I know the Nova is not either of the guns mentioned but seems like a decent little gun, decent weight, good price, reputable brand, shouldered nice etc….

Just wondering about peoples experiences with the Nova. Any feedback would be appreciated!!

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Benelli Nova

Post by mcbosco » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am

They are not the most refined guns in the world, but you have to like a gun that people use as a paddle in salt water. The 12 kicks, but I suppose the 20 would be better.

This gun is all about durability and longevity. A real guy's gun for a great price.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 pm

mcbosco wrote:They are not the most refined guns in the world, but you have to like a gun that people use as a paddle in salt water. The 12 kicks, but I suppose the 20 would be better.

This gun is all about durability and longevity. A real guy's gun for a great price.
I keep wanting a Nova for those very reasons...
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

PointingQuail

Post by PointingQuail » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Ive got a Super Nova 12 Gauge that I bought 2 years ago and it is amazing. The Super Nova is just the Nova with some vibration dampeners and a recoil pad. I've never had any issues and I really haven't given it an extensive cleaning, just the usual
de-mucking after a muddy duck hunt. I originally bought it for just duck hunting so I would have a gun that I wouldn't mind if I dropped it in a lake. Now I take it with me on every hunt whether its upland on a fancy club or if I'm standing i 3 feet of water in a timber Duck hunt. The recoil not an issue for me at all and I'm a pretty small guy. The only issue I have is that it wasn't as easy as my 870 express to dismantle, but now I've been through it a couple times its pretty easy.

bulldog18

Post by bulldog18 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:55 pm

My son shoots a 12 gauge super nova for ducks and pheasants and has a 20 gauge nova for doves. Recoil is not an issue for either gun. I have shot the 20 gauge on doves and this gun shoots very well. I have been a gunsmith for the past 27 years and have had less problems out of benelli's than other makes. Nova's are a very well built and priced guns. I wouldn't hesitate taking one to the filed.

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 am

Before I bought my O/U's this was my do everything gun - and it did and does. It is now seeing most service as a deer gun with a rifled slug barrel and a scope. Drives tacks.

My Nova is much easier to take apart and clean than my cousin's 870. A LOT less moving parts to screw up.

For the money there is no better all around gun in my opinion.
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520