Franchi's "cheap" O/Us

Lukenbill

Franchi's "cheap" O/Us

Post by Lukenbill » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:45 pm

I don't know if you could ever call them cheap, but I've had my eye on a Franchi Renaissance for a while. I've noticed recently that they are no longer listed on their website. Not sure if it's a technical error or if they are for some reason cutting the line. Has anyone heard anything about this?

I'd probably prefer to try to get one used anyways, but just figured I'd throw the question out there to see what people have heard.

JakeDD

Re: Franchi's "cheap" O/Us

Post by JakeDD » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 am

I have no info on Franchi cutting the Renaissance line, but wanted to put in my $.02 on Franchi O/Us in general. I picked one up about 5 years ago (a pre-Renaissance model, but very similar) off a local hunting/fishing website and love it. It was in mint condition and I paid $500. The wood is fabulous for the price, and the gun just plain FITS ME. I tried and tried to find a Beretta or Browning that fit me as well when shouldering them in the store, but Franchis just hit my sweet spot every time. Needless to say, the Franchi is my go-to gun for phez, grouse, and even dog training.

There are a couple on gunbrokerDOTcom right now similar to mine in that $500 range. I would not hesitate to buy another!

C.painter

Re: Franchi's "cheap" O/Us

Post by C.painter » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:32 am

I have a Franchi ALcione O/U and I love it. It too fit me very well and was a good gun for the price. I shoot sporting clays, ducks, grouse, pheasants, woodcock... Love the gun.

The gun is pictured in my Avatar.

Cory