remington sparton 310 20 gauge

ryangallagher29

remington sparton 310 20 gauge

Post by ryangallagher29 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 am

so i just traded my rifle in towards a sparton 310 20ga that i plan to use for pheasent grouse rabbits etc... any one have expirence with this o/u

jimbo&rooster

Re: remington sparton 310 20 gauge

Post by jimbo&rooster » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Ive got an EAA made by Baikal, that is Identical to the remington, and I love it....

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

ryangallagher29

Post by ryangallagher29 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:44 pm

did you exchange the choke tubes on it. ive heard that they suck, if so what brand did you use... also i was wonder what loads your useing and what ur using them for

thanks
ryan

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:52 pm

I Use the factory full and mod that came with it and I have a carlsons skeet and IC that I use. I shoot game preserve quail pheasant and chuckar using 2 3/4in game loads in 7.5s or 6s and the full/mod combo and i shoot wild quail and doves using 7/8 oz of 9s shooting IC/SKeet. Ive used it to shoot over pointing dogs and flushers and have made clean kills out to 45yds. I do plan to use it field hunting for geese this winter for kicks.its not the prettiest gun in my rack or the most expensive but its probly my favrite gun to carry.

its the only shotgun i own that I have not put on paper, so I cant say how good the chokes are. ive never had any trouble from them.
Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:30 am

what ever happened to that line?

56-26

Post by 56-26 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:24 pm

I have the same gun but in 12 gauge love it for the money, got mine when they was real cheap about $300 new in the box. No compliants here with it

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:46 pm

The Spartan by Remington is the EAA by Baikal. The big boys at Remington marketed the Baikal as the Spartan until 2008. Here is an article on it.

BAIKAL
Current trademark of products manufactured by the Russian Federal State Unitary Plant "Izhevsky Mechanichesky Zavod" (FSUP IMZ). Baikal SxS and O/U hunting guns (including air guns) were imported and distributed exclusively 2005-2009 by U.S. Sporting Goods (USSG), located in Rockledge, FL. Many Baikal shotguns and rifles were marketed domestically by Remington under the Spartan Gunworks trademark until 2008. See listings under Spartan Gunworks for more information.
Previously imported from late 1998 until 2004 by European American Armory Corp., located in Sharpes, FL, and from 1993-1996 by Big Bear, located in Dallas, TX.
Please contact the importer directly for more information and pricing on Baikal firearms (see Trademark Index).
Baikal (the name of a lake in Siberia) was one of the key holding companies from the former Soviet Union, specializing in the production of firearms, and science intensive, complex electronic equipment.
The company was founded in 1942 as part of the Russian National Defense Industry. At that time, the plant produced world renowned Tokarev TT pistols. Upon conclusion of WWII, the company expanded its operation to include non-military firearms (O/U, SxS, and single barrel shotguns). FSUP IMZ is one of the world´s largest manufacturers of military and non-military firearms. The total amount of guns produced by the FSUP IMZ is 680,000 units per year. The products range from various smoothbore guns, including slide action and self-loading models, rifled and combination guns, to a full array of sporting, civil, and combat pistols, including the internationally famous Makarov pistol. Since 2000, Baikal has produced a new pistol for the Russian Army which was developed by the enterprise designers and named after the group's leader - the Yarygin pistol.
FSUP IMZ features efficient manufacturing capacity and the unique intellectual potential of its qualified engineers-and-technicians staff. The FSUP IMZ is also undertaking the task of reintroducing the world to the "Russian Custom Gunsmith". There is a gunsmith school at the factory area for custom, one-of-a-kind hand engraved shotguns and rifles. The guns produced by the school feature high-quality assembly, attractive appearance, and high functional quality according to the best traditions of Russian gunmakers.
In the past, Baikal shotguns have had limited importation into the U.S. 1993 marked the first year that Baikals were officially (and legally) imported into the U.S. because of Russia's previous export restrictions. In prior years, however, a few O/Us have been seen for sale and have no doubt been imported into this country one at a time. Currently produced Baikals are noted for their good quality at low-level costs.

wills1235

Post by wills1235 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 pm

I picked up my buddy's Baikal o/u 20 when we were shooting clays before the season. I busted 24 of 25 and thought it was the best o/u I'd ever shot. Now I'm on the lookout for one but they're a bit tough to find in my neighborhood (there are 5000k people in my whole county, so everything's kind of hard to find, except open land full of birds). One thing I would say is both myself and my hunting buddy are over 6'2". I know another guy about 5'9" who owns the same gun. He can't hit anything with it. I think they're a bit more "big boned" than your average o/u.
The best place to hunt is where the birds are. Next best is where they ain't. Anywhere else works too.