Browning Citori Superlight 20 gauge O/U

gspkimber

Browning Citori Superlight 20 gauge O/U

Post by gspkimber » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:31 pm

I ran into a nice Browning Superlight 20 gauge O/U at a local gun shop; they are asking a little over $800. I have not read too much about this shotgun. The only thing I have been able to find online is the Superlight Featherlight. The shotgun I am looking at has fixed chokes in it. Any experiences out there? The one thing I know about the gun is that it has a steel receiver.

Ryman Gun Dog

Re: Browning Citori Superlight 20 gauge O/U

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 am

Gentlemen,
I like these guns but think they are over priced, however you do get decent wood and the Browning SST & safety. I have a custom made Feather light 28/20 Combo gun
with 27 1/2" BBLs. The gun has never malfunctioned, the trigger always works perfect and the safety can be used as designed to choose BBLs/Chokes, while bird hunting. As usual a man must pay for the engineering he purchases. The gun has all the new goodies with Chrome plated BBLs and screw in chokes, the 28 guage is a dream to shoot both clays and Grouse with, and you can shoot 3" shells thru both the 28 and the 20 guage BBLs. I like the 28 Guage better than the 20 guage, it is a smooth shooting light O/U shotgun that swings well and puts the clays and Grouse down with decent B&P shells. The little 28 guage shoots like a 20 guage during he late winter months in the Grouse woods. As I said before the draw back to this gun is the cost, you pay for the Browning name and some serious engineering.
RGD/Dave

OhioVizsla

Post by OhioVizsla » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 pm

3" 28 GA.? That's a new one, you must be rolling your own hulls.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:04 am

OV,
Sorry that should have read 20 Guage 3", even read right thru it the 2nd time.
RGD/Dave

addecus

Post by addecus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:56 am

gpblitz wrote:I have a 28 ga. superlight fixed choke on a 20 frame. I got mine in 1983,84. At that time they were called and marketed as superlights. I beleive when browning came out with tube chokes they changed the name to superlight featherlight. Still have the box to mine and it says superlight. Best gun I own, my favorite. Gave it to my son about 4 yrs. ago and he gave it back to me last yr. The gun has never malfunctioned ,ever. 800.00 , good shape , i'd buy it.
The Superlights had lighter contoured bbls compared to the regular Citoris, also slimmer wood with the english grip. The Superlight Featherlights came with a aluminum receiver with a steel insert to back the chambers and are probably the lightest Citoris ever. The Featherlights were discontinued but the Superlights could be had even in the era of invector plus chokes . I think you can still buy a new one.

rolawson

Post by rolawson » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 am

What does the 20 gauge superlight weigh? What does the 28 gauge superlight weigh?

Wingnut29

Post by Wingnut29 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Own an 83 20 gauge superlight fixed chokes bought with mad money and wife in tow as Newlewd from a fellow that had a father son pair it's al I ve used since 1997 for pheasants and chuckar mod over improved great pateana love the gun my dad uses a 410 superlight at 80 every weekend the two guns are deadly if the shooter is doing his job even own a 12 gauge superlight newer model IV + that I put a recoil reducer and mid rib bead for sporting clays