Mossberg O/U

Iowa

Mossberg O/U

Post by Iowa » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Anyone have one? I recently got a 12 ga for my wedding present. The darn stock it rocking my shoulder during sporting clays ( 100 shots) seems top has no padding. I've tried to find a new (no slip ons) and cant seem to find one that will fit prefect.
Any ideas?

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: Mossberg O/U

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Limbsaver makes either grind to fit pads that are not slip ons or for some models they make the pre fit ones. Not sure if they have one for the Mossberg O/U though. Good luck finding one though.

How is the weather over your way? All of my family is from the Troy and Elsberry areas and my father who now lives about 3 blocks from me out here in Oklahoma grew up in Wentzville.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Ive got one in 20 ga, love the way it shoots. Seems I adapted to it very easily and it swings nicely.

Only complaint I have and its being looked at right now, it was double firing 3 inch shells (OUCH) and those
birds who caught 2 1/4 ounces of steel weren't much good afterwards.

If I can get that straight, I love the gun.

Maybe call Moss and see if they can direct you to a better fitting pad.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Iowa

Post by Iowa » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:58 am

tommyboy72 wrote:Limbsaver makes either grind to fit pads that are not slip ons or for some models they make the pre fit ones. Not sure if they have one for the Mossberg O/U though. Good luck finding one though.

How is the weather over your way? All of my family is from the Troy and Elsberry areas and my father who now lives about 3 blocks from me out here in Oklahoma grew up in Wentzville.
I've tried every limbsaver at Cabelas. Even had them pull the same gun off the shelf and compare it. I tried to call Mossberg as some of the models come with a different pad and they will not sell one to me.

Weathers great! Been a little hot the last few weeks. Not sure how long it been since you have been back but its gone crazy around here in the last 10 years since I moved from Iowa.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:24 am

Not sure why you would not want a slip-on untill a pad is fitted.
But Brauer and others make a lace-on pad that can be set pretty tight.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:47 am

It's been about 2 years since I have been back. It has been entirely too hot out here. Been up in the 100's every day.

Try Numrich, Midway USA, or Brownells. They sell a lot of stuff you can't get anywhere else. Especially Numrich, they sell every part for every gun I have ever seen. They may even be able to sell you that other Mossberg factory pad you were looking for.

Iowa

Post by Iowa » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Well, just broke down and took it over to the gunsmith to have one fitted for it with some adjustment since I have monkey arms. Little more than I wanted to put into a 600 gun but it should be worth it.

BellaDad

Post by BellaDad » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 am

I wish I would have gotten an O/U for my wedding. Instead I got things like plates and silverware and beadspreads.....

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:04 pm

BellaDad wrote:I wish I would have gotten an O/U for my wedding. Instead I got things like plates and silverware and beadspreads.....
You just have to take a little initiative & make sure you register at Sears, Cabelas, Gander Mountain or (insert your favorite store) & pick out something you want. My new nephew-in-law registered at Sears. One of the registry items was a tool set. I was very happy to get them a brand new tool set for their wedding gift. My wife was just happy that I pitched in & did the shopping. Spouses get tired sometimes of being the go-to person for keeping track of all the dates & buying all of the gifts & cards. FWIW.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

Iowa

Post by Iowa » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 pm

BigShooter wrote:
BellaDad wrote:I wish I would have gotten an O/U for my wedding. Instead I got things like plates and silverware and beadspreads.....
You just have to take a little initiative & make sure you register at Sears, Cabelas, Gander Mountain or (insert your favorite store) & pick out something you want. My new nephew-in-law registered at Sears. One of the registry items was a tool set. I was very happy to get them a brand new tool set for their wedding gift. My wife was just happy that I pitched in & did the shopping. Spouses get tired sometimes of being the go-to person for keeping track of all the dates & buying all of the gifts & cards. FWIW.
This was from my best man and a few buddies. Now we did register at home depot, since I'm remodeling the house new stuff helped a lot.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:19 am

Whenever you get plates & silverware, look for the women behind the man that gave the gift! :wink:
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it