Reviews on the Winchester® Super X3

Bummer

Reviews on the Winchester® Super X3

Post by Bummer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:18 pm

I'm looking into a new shotgun (semiauto) and I'm leaning towards the the Winchester® Super X3. Some feedback from owners of this gun would be greatly appreciated.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: Reviews on the Winchester® Super X3

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:43 am

TTT....I'd like to hear any reviews as well....had my hands on few and shouldered em, have not pulled the trigger on one yet....
Anyone,,,Bueller?

Chip

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:52 pm

I'd like to get one of these too - all I know if almost every gun shop I've been to has run out of them. They must be popular!

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:20 pm

there is wait time on a ton of models..if you want a Vinci get a deposit in.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:25 pm

mcbosco wrote:there is wait time on a ton of models..if you want a Vinci get a deposit in.
I think they all wanted a Winchester according to their posts.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:37 pm

The places I went to had more than a few Benellis, including Vinci's. No SX3's though - "Sold 'em all," they said.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:10 pm

From what I have heard at the local gunshops, it seems alot of the duck hunters are trading in there Benelli SBE's for the Win SX3, just curious how these things are shooting, lots of guys talking about em. Like I said I shoulder one but did'nt think OMG I gotta have one, shouldered nice swung nice, that was about it...

Thanks,
Chip

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:05 pm

i bought a winchester sx3 26in barrel in the wood grain 2 3/4 and 3inch last november. and love it. i have never had a problem with it. in the last week i have put about 150 rounds through it. and all together probably about a thousand rounds and then some. i have always shot a citori 20 ga o/u. and this winchester well does kick a little more. but if you are where you can afford it. or did like i did and go through American general financing and got a year loan for it. i paid a little over a thousand for it. they are really good guns for the money and they are really fast shooting and they shoulder pretty good but mine is a tad long for me. and i have herd that they will freeze up but i never had that happen to me yet.
kick'em up knock'em down

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:04 am

I like the composite model, looks good and does not get slick when wet....not sure how that valve system works....I'll have to dod some more checking...

Thanks,
Chip

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:57 pm

ok i just took a part my sx3 to clean it for the opening day of dove season tomorrow. and if you get one. i thought i would throw this in there. on the action theres a little black pin thing in the back. make sure it is in the hole. or you can not get the barrel to slide down all the way. it just took me 30 minutes to put the gun back together.
kick'em up knock'em down

IdahoMike

Post by IdahoMike » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:44 pm

I bought myself a brand new Super X3 in the synthetic 3 years ago when they first came out. I thought it was a very nice gun and seemed to fit me well. Two years ago for my 50th birthday my wife offered to buy me a new gun of my choice. For me that was easy, I had always wanted a SBE II, just had a hard time justifing the price.

Since my birthday is in October she bought it for me just before I left for my South Dakota pheasant/waterfowl hunt. It's hard to explain but that SBE II just fits me right, the first three roosters that got up in front of it all died with the first shot. I've never owned a shotgun that fit me like this gun does, and have never been as accurate with a gun as I am with the SBE II.

Like I said the Super X3 is a nice gun, but when I returned home from that trip I sold it to a good buddy of mine and he loves it, but then he has never shot my SBE II LOL!! Since owning the SBE II ,I have shot 2 big gobblers, canada geese, lots of ducks and plenty of pheasants with it, the gun just flat out shoots well.

I just recently purchased a new 12ga. Benelli Ultra Light that I plan on using as my main upland gun, and at 6 pounds with a 26" inch barell it is one well balanced, fast swinging gun. I can't wait to break it in on my North Dakota pheasant/waterfowl hunt in October. :D :D