My first O/U..

MTO4Life

My first O/U..

Post by MTO4Life » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm pretty excited! I just picked up my first O/U today. It is a Rizzini Omnium. It is used, but you wouldn't know it by the shape of it. It's a 20ga with 28" barrells and 5 choke tubes. I wish I had time to test drive it, but no dice. It'll have to wait 2 weeks for our annual summer skeet shoot to be tried. Just had to brag.

Maverick

Re: My first O/U..

Post by Maverick » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:51 pm

Very sweet looking 20guage sir, I look forward to seeing you shoot some birds with it over our dogs one day in the near future.

Mav....
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Knine's Ghost Rider

Paisley

Ch Ruffwood's Dixie Girl FD

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Whats a piece like that cost?

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 pm

It was $1400 Canadian ( maybe around $1250 US with the exchange). That is used. Not sure new...

jbraun

Post by jbraun » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:41 am

very nice! I have been salivating over a sub gauge beretta but that gun could change my thinking.

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Woo hoo! I just bought my first O/U today too! A Stoeger Condor Supreme 20ga 26" She's nothing fancy--traded her for a dove shoot membership--but I've never owned a O/U before. 75 days to dove openner and I'm thrilled not to be shooting my old turkey gun :D Skeet range, here I come!
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Congrats on the new gun as well!! I just burned through 5 boxes of shells on saturday. I actually did pretty well with it, so with some more practice, I'm sure I'll be 100% by the fall (any misses will be left out in the story telling...)

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:33 pm

MTO4Life wrote:Congrats on the new gun as well!! I just burned through 5 boxes of shells on saturday. I actually did pretty well with it, so with some more practice, I'm sure I'll be 100% by the fall (any misses will be left out in the story telling...)
I think if you're going to use it as a skeet gun like you mentioned (even casual) I think it would be a good idea to put a pad on the back. This will help with the gun slipping off your shoulder will you're swinging the gun. Shoulder will probably feel a lot better too after 5 boxes especially if it was factory ammo. They sell the slip on ones at most gun shops. That’s good if you use it as a field gun as well without the pad. It will help your game in the long run to put something back there and there are a ton of options as to what you could do.
A good bird dog is always the right color

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:48 pm

I actually was shooting with a shoulder protector. The kind you put on your shoulder, made of leather (really a shoulder pad). It made a HUGE difference. The slip on pad is also a great idea. It isn't going to be a skeet gun, but I'll do some skeet etc to get polished for the season.