Twelvette Or Twentyweight

PAHunter

Twelvette Or Twentyweight

Post by PAHunter » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:20 am

Does anyone know the difference between a Browning Twelvette and a Browning Twentyweight?

My father in law is giving me the choice to pick one.

The twelvette has a 26inch barrel and weighs 7lbs no rib.

The twentyweight has a three star marking,a rib, a 24 inch barrel and weighs 6.5lbs.

Both are in great shape and fit me well, and I've shot clay birds with both of them-- tough choice?

Thanks,
Josh

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:39 pm

I shot a twlevette, it kicked like a "bleep" mule too!
It is a very lightweight gun for a 12 gauge, because of that it kicks hard.
I believe the twenty weight isn't any different really!
I am not an expert on Browning but isn't this the same gun that is commonly called a Browning Double Automatic?

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:39 pm

The three star marking on the bbl signifies the choke as a cylinder bore.

If you're going to mainly shoot clays, then go with the twelvette. Otherwise, the twentyweight seems like it will be lighter and swing faster in the field.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

PAHunter

Post by PAHunter » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:29 am

Last Wed. night I shot 4 boxes thru the twelvette. Left me will one heck of a bruised shoulder, the only comfort it offers is a hard plastic butt plate. But I did hit 90% of the clays!

The twentyweight was my wifes grandfathers personal grouse gun, it had an old leather sleeve on the butt of the gun, so I removed it to see what the wood looked like only to find that there was a slight modification to the gun. A thick Remmington rubber recoil pad! Grandpa was no dumby!

I think that the Double Auto is the main identification name and the twelvette and the twentyweight indicate different models.

Pretty cool guns though, I like the idea of a light gun in the
grouse woods I got my left shoulder reconstructed twice, so the weight reduction will be worth a little kick once in a while.