Gun Safe

Katies Dad

Gun Safe

Post by Katies Dad » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:45 pm

I need to buy one sometime in the near future as the little one will be walking before we know it! I have like almost a year but that is the pitch I gave my wife! Anyway what do you all have and what is good and not good? I want some thing that will hold about 4 guns but I also want to be able to put my ammo and all cleaning supplies in also! Tell me what yall know! Thanks in advance!

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:56 pm

I have on from American Security Safe Company http://www.amsecusa.com/index.htm I like it.
You should look for the fire rating, the longer the time span and the lower the temp rise the better.

I would definetly get a safe bigger than your needs now, you will buy more guns in the future and even if ou don't you'd be surprised what "other" items you'd like to put in it.

Katies Dad

Post by Katies Dad » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:22 pm

Thanks for the info bird!

portsider44

Post by portsider44 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:19 am

Birdhunter1 wrote:.

I would definetly get a safe bigger than your needs now, you will buy more guns in the future and even if ou don't you'd be surprised what "other" items you'd like to put in it.

I agree!!

sdgord

gun safe

Post by sdgord » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:39 pm

How far are you from the KC Cabelas store, they usually have sales on them just before or during hunting season. Their fall expo would be a good bet for a bargain.SDGORD

omega58

Post by omega58 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:31 am

I plan on moving within the next two years, so I just picked up a stack-on for $79. Fits my needs for now and insurance covers what I have in guns if a fire happens.