CZ Warranty Good As Gold

whitedogone

Re: CZ Warranty Good As Gold

Post by whitedogone » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:05 pm

gpblitz wrote:3 weeks ago I sent in my CZ Ringneck 20 guage because 1 barrell would not fire. This morning Fed-ex delivered my shotgun back to me. When I opened up the box it was not the same gun I sent in but a brand new Ringneck with unbelievable wood. The wood is sooo nice that it kicks butt on most of the high grade Brownings I have. While, I put the 20 to together, took our young female Jazz went behind the house and
shot a grouse and 2 woodcock in a hour the gun worked just fine. Thank You CZ for one awesome looking gun. Howie Hill

I don't see how they can legaly do that without going through a FFL.
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 28g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 20g 28"
Browning BPS Synthetic 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS 12g 3" 22" cant. fully rifled

lightonthebay

Post by lightonthebay » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:10 pm

It has been a while since I filled out a 4473 form but do they record the serial number of the gun or just the make and model?

whitedogone

Post by whitedogone » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:46 pm

Sounds like they can do it. I'm not sure about any related paperwork. Just seems like there would have been some.

" An FFL may ship a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received. "

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=60
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 28g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 20g 28"
Browning BPS Synthetic 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS 12g 3" 22" cant. fully rifled

Wilber

Post by Wilber » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:37 pm

I guess the warranty is good as gold. Frankly I'd rather not to have to use it. I first owned a CZ Bobwhite 12 ga. I liked it well enough, but the finish wore off on barrels and receiver after the first season, so I sent it back. They replaced it with a new gun - great! I sold that one and bought a Bobwhite 28 ga. I loved that gun, and it became my go-to gun until the right firing pin broke after about 1500 rounds. I sent it back in last June. The time ticked away. In September I called and asked what was up; they said it would be another two weeks. Three weeks later they said another two weeks. Three weeks later, ditto. Finally I got a guy who said they didn't really know when they'd get another shipment of 28 ga, Bobwhites. He offered a 28 ga. Ringneck which costs about $200 more than the Bobwhite. I took it and it arrived about a week later (last week). It is a very handsome gun, fits well, and on my first round of skeet went 22 of 25. So I guess I can't complain except that grouse season is mostly over.

1. I wish I didn't have to send back the Bobwhite.
2. I'm impressed with the Ringneck and appreciative that they upgraded me.
3. Still would rather not have to rely on the warranty.

FWIW