new over/under

Birdhunter1

new over/under

Post by Birdhunter1 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:56 am

I'm thinking of getting one, I don't need it really because my beretta 391 20 guage is just a year old, but I figure I'm single (at least for now), have very few bills and have several extra dollars aroudn so why not go ahead and get it.
Anyway I went looking today and I don't know if I want a 20 guage or a 28. My urrent birdgun is a 20, I woudl like to have a 28 someday, mostly just to say i have one, but I have hunted with one and I liked it. Anyway here is what I found today:

NEW: Beretta 686 Onyx 20 guage, very pretty. about the same wieght as my 391 Urika about $1400 or $1500 range
New: Beretta Whitewing 20 guage, not as pretty as the 686 but a few hundred dollars cheaper.
New: Rizzini 28 guage, one with a color case hardened finish the other sith a stainless or nickel something, actually it says Sig Arms onit but it's made by Rizzini, $1800 for either one.
Used: Winchester 101 12 guage with the full bbl. tubes for a 20,
28 guage and a .410 bore. Basicly the option of four guns in one, but good God the thing was heavy. It was purty though for $1600.
Looked at a Franchi O/U 12 guage, didn't like it at all.

Of these I am strongly thinking of the Rizzini, I'm just looking for the nice gun, probably not going to use it on every hunt but then again I might. The little Rizzini was sharp too, both had fixed chokes in them but the guy (who was a master gunsmith) said that coudl be easily changed for a few hundred bucks, he said you probably won't neeed to though.
The whitewing was nice too, but I don't know if I want another 20 or not, I have two already.
What do yall think?

pear

Post by pear » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:10 am

"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:59 am

Thursday I found a Rizzini in 20 guage just like teh 28 guage I had looked at the day before. About the same price too.

Still don't know which one of 5 I want. Tough decisions to be made here.

birddog

Post by birddog » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:27 am

I recently purchased a Berreta Whitewing 20 gauge and love it . Nice and light and when you bring the gun up it is right on. The Whitewing has been discontinued and the link pear gave you shows a used Whitewing for a great price. If I was still in the market, I would look into that gun.

A good deal, but not as good as the one Grant got on the Franchi. :D

Janet

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:19 am

Thats a REAL pretty gun. We had a gun party in our Motel room last weekend, evrybody pulling out (and assembling) their favorite gun. (showing off!) Where were you Greg J?
brenda

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:26 am

Yep, that gun looked brand new and cost half the price of a new one… I got the hook up! :cheers: