bird

Post by bird » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Last edited by bird on Fri May 02, 2008 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmanker

Post by tmanker » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:49 pm

I believe they can come search your house unannounced at any time. You better have paperwork for any and all guns in your home as well.

bird

Post by bird » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:13 pm

Last edited by bird on Fri May 02, 2008 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorno

Post by Sorno » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:36 pm

I have one. I just do some gun shows and mostly work out of my house. I originally got it for some tax right off stuff and to get guns at cost and it grew from there. I only do 5-6 gun shows a year.

The only advice I can give is make sure you have all your paperwork done correctly and just fallow the rules other then that it is pretty easy. I have been thinking about doing some more gun broker style stuff too but it worries me shipping guns all over the US and never seeing the person.

Oldfarmer

Post by Oldfarmer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:16 pm

I had one for over 30 years. Let it go about 3 years ago, when a friend wanted to get one. He took over mine so to speak. Was visited 2 time, both times they called a week or so before. They found a couple cases where I had lost a yellow sheet, but it was really a nonissue. In most cases WalMart sells their guns cheaper than most dealers can buy them, so you have to have a market for higher end products than WalMart sells or you won't be doing an business at all. I don't know how many times I've gone to WalMart and bought something I wanted for myself because I could get it cheaper there than through a wholesaler. But no problems with the ATF people at all.