Chickens in Nebraska

topher40
GDF Junkie

Chickens in Nebraska

Post by topher40 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:01 am

Looking for some good areas in Nebraska to hunt some chickens. I know I will be hunting public ground, but what I am looking for is good areas of the state. I would like to stay in the south central to south eastern portion if the state. I would be willing to trade for some quail/pheasant hunts in NE Kansas around Seneca and Sabetha area if anyone would like to take me with them. Thanks in Advance!
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

tfbirddog2

NB chickens

Post by tfbirddog2 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:26 pm

Hey topher, are you looking for chickens or wanting sharpies too.Cause I know where the chickens are just a little ways from you.Hve been wanting to go to Nebraska to chicken an shapie hunt too.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Really all I want is some early season birds to tune up my dogs. In years past I was close enough to the Flint Hills that I didnt have to drive but 20 minutes to find some chickens. Now I live about 2 hours away from the flint hills and am looking for something closer. If you know of some spots North of me and you are heading this direction let me know. Hunting with others sure beats going alone! :lol:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

parshal

Post by parshal » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:43 pm

Go to the refuge around Valentine or the National Forest near Halsey. There are both chickens and sharptails in those places with a few pheasants tossed in.

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:14 pm

There are lots of chickens in Pawnee, Johnson and parts of Gage county of SE nebraska. These are just north of Kansas border. But you must have a Nebraska hunting license and then request a permit to hunt in this area. Permit request is in August. Otherwise the best place to go is up around Valentine as previous poster indiciated.