A good bad year.

mask

A good bad year.

Post by mask » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:34 pm

Yesterday was the last day of chukar season. My dogs and I have a couple of months to heal up. The dogs look like dried jerky and I probably look like a gimpy relic. The bad is the fact that for reasons I cant understand the bird numbers were down. I was walking about 2 miles per covey in very rough country. The dogs were running from 20 to 35 miles on a typical hunt. The good is the young dogs really came into their own and I would consider them both made chukar dogs. I found almost as many huns as chukar. Garrison if you happen to read this, you made a great offer to one of the new people and I hope he takes you up on it. I admire the heck out of you for making the gesture. Gentlemen and sportsmen don't always run hand in hand with bird hunters so it is nice to have you on here. Happy new year to all.

Garrison

Re: A good bad year.

Post by Garrison » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:07 pm

Sometimes the best gift a season can give, is to leave you wanting more. Glad you are still getting after it and looking forward to the next one with a young dog and able legs.

I appreciate the kind words Mask, but don’t get too far ahead of yourself. My kindness only goes so far. It usually ends just before the turn off to one of my favorite hunting spots. :wink: The chukar hunter’s dilemma.

Appreciate all I have learned from you folks over the years and happy to contribute where and when I can.

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Retriever

Re: A good bad year.

Post by Retriever » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:28 am

Here’s to more success in the future!