OUR LAST HUNT TEST OF 2019

Irishwhistler

OUR LAST HUNT TEST OF 2019

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:24 am

eQWhMrH1QGGGmf++Og23jg_thumb_9da8_Fotor.jpg
HRCH UH TTF CRAIGNORH KIFFIN TRAD SH ~ Call name TRAD.

Aye Mates,
My Labrador Retriever gun dog and hunt test athlete TRAD earned his third of five qualifying scores needed to earn an AKC Master Hunter Title on Sunday, the result of two days of Master Hunter stakes we participated in during last weekend.

The hunt test this past weekend will be our last one entered during 2019 and we will sure miss the fine camaraderie of the hunt test community until we start back next Spring. Our next few months will be spent bird hunting and applying all of the training we diligently conduct nearly year 'round, to the practical actions required whilst in the field during our hunting of wild birds. TRAD has been cross-trained as a retriever for hunting upland birds as well as geese and ducks. He is a spectacular dog to watch while hunting. MAC will be hunting his 2nd season on upland birds and his first year on waterfowl. JACKSON will be experiencing his first upland bird hunts this coming season. Another trainee, STORM, a standard poodle, will be hunting with his owner this coming season as well and he should make for an outstanding gun dog.

I look forward to hunting with my dogs TRAD and MAC along with getting JACKSON on birds for his rookie year as a gun dog this fall. It is so wonderful to watch highly trained gun dogs in action and to witness the progression of their continuing development toward higher level skills. T'was grand to see MAC earn an HRC Started Hunting Retriever Title and an AKC Junior Hunter title this year going 8 for 8 in that effort. T'was also most satisfying to see JACKSON earn his AKC Junior Hunter Title before his first birthday this year, and he is demonstrating superb potential for the advanced work in his future.

We will get back to training for hunt tests in March for the upcoming hunt test events of 2020. We plan to complete TRAD'S MH title next year, to work on MAC's and JACKSON'S HR and SH titles in HRC and AKC, and to continue work with STORM on a JH title, also we have two really nice prospect pups of the chocolate variety (SHOOTER and REX) that we will be working with as potential gun dog / hunt test retrievers. I am certain we will see these dogs develop into incredible working gun dog retrievers.:thumbsup:

Best wishes to all for safe and great times afield with ye gun dogs in the coming bird season.

Cheers,
TEAM TRAD โ˜˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: OUR LAST HUNT TEST OF 2019

Post by shags » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:50 am

What a good-looking dog! Those eyes....

Congrats on a successful season. Happy hunting :D

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:02 am

I wish you continued success Sir. You obviously are very passionate about your dogs and your sport.
Keep the faith!

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:31 am

shags wrote: โ†‘
Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:50 am
What a good-looking dog! Those eyes....

Congrats on a successful season. Happy hunting :D
Thank ye much Mate.

Cheers,
Mike โ˜˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:33 am

Featherfinder wrote: โ†‘
Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:02 am
I wish you continued success Sir. You obviously are very passionate about your dogs and your sport.
Keep the faith!
Indeed! Thank ye for the well wishes.๐Ÿ‘

Cheers,
Mike โ˜˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 am

And, thank you for the breathtaking pics!

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:43 am

Featherfinder wrote: โ†‘
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 am
And, thank you for the breathtaking pics!
Glad ye enjoy them.๐Ÿ‘

Cheers,
Mike โ˜˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ