Hunters in the East vs the West: demeanor and decorum

JonBailey

Hunters in the East vs the West: demeanor and decorum

Post by JonBailey » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Watching many hunting, dog and gun videos on YouTube lately, I've noticed men east of the Rockies are more apt to be clean-shaven and not wear hippy long hair. I'm clean-shaven and buzz-cut in SW Idaho and feel out of place with all these bearded and some ponytail fellows around Boise. Twenty years ago, clean-shaven and clean-cut was much more common around here especially with the younger generations. Many men now look like homeless bums or convicts here.

In America, the East and the Southeast still appears more gentlemanly.

I wish Idaho were more like the 1960's South with respect to male appearance. Barbershop and razor happy.

All this lack of male grooming combined with tatts and piercing makes the West look like a ghetto.

People have no class here anymore.

Now, here the thread's point: men who are clean-cut, clean-shaven and well-dressed impress me as being educated, level-headed and generally safe with guns.
"Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day." - William Shakespeare

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Hunters in the East vs the West: demeanor and decorum

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Jon, I seriously doubt if a single one of those hunter dress in a manner to just pleases you. I also doubt if people without beards are any cleaner cut than you or I. Oops, forgot I am east of the Rockies and have a beard. Now for the important part. This topic has absolutely nothing to do with hunting or gun dogs. I ask that you try to keep your posts on subjects that pertain to our reason for being here and that is to be a place where new people can get answers to problems they may be having with their dogs or their training methods.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.