nwks no cover phez hunt

tailcracken pointer

nwks no cover phez hunt

Post by tailcracken pointer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:58 am

Had a great hunt in nwks , although I am not going to say where exactly, but what I will say is if you cant find or kill pheasants in nwks you had better start taking up golf because there are lots of birds!!!! I cant believe how these birds survive in th little amount of cover that is out there we hunted in ankle high cover but for sure had to have the groceries close and if you had a fenceline with tumble weed or grass that I call fire grass in it you had better get there!!!!! Now the only negative thing I can think of on the trip was how awful my dogs did, my 10 month old I have taken 20 to 25 times quail hunting and has been doing awesome pointing and holding quail but wow did she ever bust the pheasant lol My buddys were cussing my dogs even my older male had a tough time with them but if you are a seasoned bird hunter that is just pheasant hunting it happens , we even walked fields without the dogs which was boring to me , I go just to work my dogs and shoot over points they go to shoot limits lol but whatever we had a fun trip , here is a pic
imagejpeg_01.2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NC Quailhunter

Re: nwks no cover phez hunt

Post by NC Quailhunter » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:08 pm

That looks like the end to a great day. Congratulations.
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Is that you with the Ethos? How do you like it?

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:02 pm

Yes that is me with the Ethos it shoots really nice and less kick than any auto I have ever shot , although I have a cordoba that when I pull down I get on them quicker but the kick is twice as bad to , little bit pricey to for an auto

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:34 pm

That will work!
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

AtTheMurph

Post by AtTheMurph » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:28 pm

why are you going to shoot your hunting buddy? :lol:

tfbirddog2

Post by tfbirddog2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:52 am

Where exactly in NWKS did you hunt? or abouts.... lol
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

Springer

Post by Springer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Nice pic. If someone didn't want to walk a field with my dogs I would tell them you go left I am going right with them.
Kevin

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Springer wrote:Nice pic. If someone didn't want to walk a field with my dogs I would tell them you go left I am going right with them.
bad as my dogs did I didn't blame them lol ,but that's pheasant hunting hard to stick them