New Tri-Tronics trainers

Wyobio

New Tri-Tronics trainers

Post by Wyobio » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:00 pm

I have always used TT collars and beepers for my pointing dogs. My wife lost one of our transmitters, and I was disappointed to find that TT has gone to an all new system that does not work on the old G3 collars. We have 4 collars we just had reconditioned last year. Searching the web, the G3 transmitters (Classic 70, 90, sport), even used, are all selling for MORE than the new models! They used to sell the G3 sport which worked with the beeper unit and did not cost a fortune. The new, lower priced Garmin trainers have not been well received by hunters (too complicated, poor battery life) To top it off, the new classic 70 no longer has an "accessories" button that would work with their beeper collars. I have several of the newer beepers and they are totally unreliable (they turn themselves on and off, and this a common complaint).

I am leaning toward the Dogtra Train and Beep, any thoughts?

RichK

Re: New Tri-Tronics trainers

Post by RichK » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Honestly, I have no complaints with my new Pro 550. Battery life is good, there are a ton of features packed into it compared to the 500 and it's $100+ cheaper.