North Dakota

Petra

North Dakota

Post by Petra » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:20 am

I went to N Dakota the afternoon of Oct. 20 to morning of Oct.24, Molly my rescue got her first wild pheasant. (the white dog) She worked great went on point the bird flushed shot it. It was still flapping she took off so hard through the fence and had to sit and spin to grab the bird, picked it up flapping and brought back to hand. This dog has only had gun and bird intro. I hit the lottery with this dog. The other dog is my "Riley" this is his first wild birds other than Grouse.This was from two days.
I was with a women that breeds L.M.s and trains all gun dogs she was a huge help and very experienced hunter. We had a great time. :D
DSCN3368.JPG
DSCN3360.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Petra on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bullseyebill

Re: North Dakota

Post by bullseyebill » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Looks like a good hunt . Molly seems a little tired after chasing birds all day:)
Hope you left us a few birds out there , we leave tomorrow.
Bill

Petra

Post by Petra » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:36 pm

we were in a little ways from the SE corner most of the corn there should be out by the end of the weekend or first of next week driving back east to MN there were areas that still had 100% corn and no sign of a harvest yet. There are a lot of birds , Geese and Ducks just starting to come in, just need to get the corn out. Good Luck, and have fun, that is what counts.

Toni

bullseyebill

Post by bullseyebill » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:26 pm

We'll be in Lidgerwood (far se corner) at the end of the week. We have friends there, so the fun part is pretty well covered :)
Now if we can just find a few roosters.

hettmoe

Post by hettmoe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:35 am

How many of you were hunting to get all of those birds?

Petra

Post by Petra » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:12 am

I was hunting with another woman. It was very warm when I was there. She has 9 dogs and we split the days into 3 parts and switched up dogs and what we were hunting if any chance of waterfowl we had to have steel only on us. The birds were from 4 outings, 2 persons, two separate days with Riley. The ducks were already getting very jumpy. The pheasant not yet. I came close to my possession limit on ducks but not on pheasant, too much corn still in when I was there.