lets go hunting!

snips
GDF Junkie

lets go hunting!

Post by snips » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:23 pm

Leaving in a few days for the Purina Endurance Classic being held at Admire Ks, outside of Topeka. Anyone that can make it by, there will be lots of nice dogs running. It will be held Sept 9-11. Then heading or the FUN PART, chasing Sharptail and Huns in ND. I can`t wait to see the eyes on Cody and Sally when their first wild birds get up!
brenda

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:52 pm

That sounds like a fun trip Brenda.

Rick Meyer from Kansas will be there running sire of my new pup. So I hope you beat everybody but him. LOL. Good Luck!

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:12 pm

Lucky dogs! .... and people! =)

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:41 am

Good luck Brenda. I won't be there but i'll be a couple of weeks behind you. I'm leaving around the 15-18th, and heading to see Lou for a few days in S. Dakota before I move on to North Dak, and then head west. Will try and spend about a week or ten days in Kansas on the way back in Late Oct-early Nov. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

blitzkrieg

Post by blitzkrieg » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:11 pm

CR, When are you going to be in MT. Richard(owns Seymour) said he emailed you and said you were going pretty much everywhere hunting. When and where are you going to be in MT. We'll be there sometime around the first week of Oct and for a couple weeks after that. Later, Aaron

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:28 am

Aaron, to be honest I don't have a real serious schedule nailed down. I am planning to leave her ethe 18th-19th, and head to Lou Gleber's place for a few days in S. Dakota. I'm supposed to try and catch up to Bob Merkel for a couple of days possibly as well around the 25th. I have one of my dog customers that MAY be flying in for a few days around the 3rd-4th of oct. Other than that I'm basically going to wonder around some. I have dog customers in both Billings and Red Lodge and plan to spend maybe a couple of days with each of them, as well as having freinds that run a large ranch near Miles City. I figure to Leave Miles city and head either down to UT to spend a few days with friends and customers for a week or ten days, or head on over to Washington where I"ll spend 10-14 days and then swing to Idaho. I haven't made my mind up which is going to work out best for me.

I'd surely love to catch up with you guys and see Seymour this fall. If you want give me a call around Wednesday next week I should have a few things nailed down a little better by then. CR

blitzkrieg

Post by blitzkrieg » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:56 am

CR,
We're planning on rustling up a few grouse not too far from Red Lodge early on in our trip. Mostly going to hunt Huns but I think Richard and his brother Donald, need to hunt a few grouse in the mountains. Richard has your cell number. We'll be in touch. Later, Aaron

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:27 pm

Well Aaron, I'm going to have Seemore's Littermate brother and his dad along on the trip. I may even get Richard Lee to come up from Boise for a day or so and bring their full brother who's five now I think. He's a pretty impressive dog and it would sure be neat to get all four of them together. Keep in touch, the tentative departure date of the 18-19th is still looking good, and while I'll have the cell and laptop with me I'm only planning to be where I can plug themin about one or two days a week.

Sure will be an interesting trip, and I'm sure I'm going to have a real grumpy Redhead here at home by the time I get back with one litter arriving around the middle of next month, and Larry's article coming out the first of october in the Second Edition of the 04 Traveling Wingshooter Edition of PDJ, she's going to be sick of returning phone calls and talking to people and saying, "Sorry the waiting list is about 1-2 years for pups right now" HA! CR

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:56 am

Just back from western ND and an awsome week of chasing Sharptail! We ran the Endurance Trial in Ks and Logan and Fritz both made a couple of cuts. Fritz taking a 2nd in the second round. We were bumped out on the next run and headed N to take in some hunting. We joined a friend from Tx that owns Fritzs littermate and he showed us some great spots. We had some super dog work and limited everyday so have lots of Sharptail in the freezer. I hope to get some pics on our website in the next week or so, we hunted in a beautiful place that makes the hunting just a part of the fun, the other part is just stopping and looking around occasionally!
brenda