Dove hunt Opener

12 Volt Man

Dove hunt Opener

Post by 12 Volt Man » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:55 pm

:cry:
Here I sit on opening day of the dove hunt. I scheduled this day off some time ago.

My wife also had it off so she could stay home and watch the kids. Something came up last night with another person at her work and she had to go in today. Now I had to stay home and watch the kids. If the youngest wasn't just 3 months old, I may have introduced my 3 little girls to their first dove hunt.

Hopefully the warm weather here sticks around till the weekend so all the doves don't head south. The weather report isn't looking good.

tfbirddog2

Dove opener

Post by tfbirddog2 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:13 pm

Hey, 12 Volt thats ok my friend who I have hunted doves with opening Saturday for three years had to cancel cause of work so I going all weekend by myself.I could have played hooky this afternoon since I did not have any routes to read, but someone rooked me into doing some stuff for them so worked instead. Your right though the forecast in Nw Kansas is not looking to good either back into the 50's at night again. I had a place I had just got after seeing at least 800 doves last month drove by yesterday an only saw 25 or so. A week ago it got down to 48 so alot left then. Good luck, and happy hunting.

PA_Sportsman

re:

Post by PA_Sportsman » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:48 pm

Got out yesterday morning for PA resident goose season. Fog put a damper on the goose activity so we packed up and went for breakfast.

Went back to the same farm around 4pm with the dogs for doves. This was Gracie's first real hunting situation. She did pretty well for a 13 month old pup, as she would get bored every once in a while and wonder off. Doves flew ok, a few here and there and the few that flew close enough did have much to worry about as I shot terrible, not hitting one! Poor dog! Anyway, I'm going to try to get her one tonight.

tfbirddog2

Dove opener

Post by tfbirddog2 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:22 am

I was planing to get out all three dog today, but Sassy is feeling a little under the weather. A first in since I've had her she did not want to eat anything this morning. So I kind watching her. My wife told me to go anyways an she would be fine. I hope everyone else has good luck an me to if I go out.Its a nice long weekend for hunting but they are saying a low of 48 for sunday nite here in Nw Ks so I hope any more doves don't leave again.Like two weeks ago.