Montana Info

Brian Tiffany

Montana Info

Post by Brian Tiffany » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm making a 2 week or so trip to McClusky ND in Sept. do to some training & hunting. Most of my plans while in ND are pretty much set, as I've hunted this area several times before. I'd really like to spend 3 or 4 days hunting in Montana also, as I've never seen that part of the country. Two of the area's I've targeted are Plentywood & Lewiston. I'm in the process of obtaining maps for Block Management & other public grounds in both area's. If anyone has ever hunted, trained, or is familiar with either region I could certainly use some insight. I'd really be interested to know of any suitable places to lodge for 3 or 4 nights with dogs on the truck etc.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Sundby

Re: Montana Info

Post by Sundby » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Brian Tiffany wrote:I'm making a 2 week or so trip to McClusky ND in Sept. do to some training & hunting. Most of my plans while in ND are pretty much set, as I've hunted this area several times before. I'd really like to spend 3 or 4 days hunting in Montana also, as I've never seen that part of the country. Two of the area's I've targeted are Plentywood & Lewiston. I'm in the process of obtaining maps for Block Management & other public grounds in both area's. If anyone has ever hunted, trained, or is familiar with either region I could certainly use some insight. I'd really be interested to know of any suitable places to lodge for 3 or 4 nights with dogs on the truck etc.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Brian
I live in northwestern nd, williston, I have hunted here and around plentywood my whole life, I'm very familiar with the area, you can't wrong pheasant or grouse hunting the area, lots of birds, lots of public land and most times all it takes is a few Knocks on farmers doors will get you along ways on gaining access to private land in the area, good luck!