Getting thing ready for KS...

jimbo&rooster

Getting thing ready for KS...

Post by jimbo&rooster » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Alright guys, i have read through alot of the posts about hunting KS on here so i will only ask the questions I havnt found the answers to. I will be based out of the Larned area and plan to hunt the walk in areas. question 1. are the walk in areas non toxic shot or can I bring lead? and for my second question, has anyone downloaded the WIHA atlas to their GPS? how does that work? I figured if I could have the atlas on my truck GPS then i could find the hunting areas without beating my brains out.
Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

muddycreek

Re: Getting thing ready for KS...

Post by muddycreek » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:34 pm

Nontox is not necessary on WHIA. As far as downloading the maps to your GPS, I have no idea. I use the paper booklet they put out so I can write notes on the pages and refer back to them year after year.

Larned can be a great place to baseout of, but I think every one else thinks the same thing. There were LOTS of others out that way this weekend. I think many left their ethics and manners home with their wives... Good luck there are lots of birds left out there!

bowhunter1221975

Post by bowhunter1221975 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:07 am

i dont know about kansas gps i am trying to get it also i have southdakota and it is great if u figure it out pm me how
RICHARD NANCE

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 am

just downloaded the wiha to my garmin nuvi, i had never heard of that...... will make things a lot easier this year, i will not miss counting squares and roads :)

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/KDWP-I ... tion-Files

alteredillusions

Post by alteredillusions » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:30 pm

As far as I know you can use lead. other then on water fowel. I know that what the guys that went out this weekend use and they are from here.

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:28 pm

only wetlands require steel.... no matter what you are hunting. those areas are usually marked pretty well.

bowhunter1221975

Post by bowhunter1221975 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:54 am

you may use any shot you like in most os there areas that are not marked as water fowl areas
RICHARD NANCE